Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    imagine Web OS on a tablet, as an e-reader. Flicking the page is a simple meta bar swipe back for a previus page or forward for the next page.
    MUSIC: with a huge screen music playback might finally make sense. Huge real estate for album art,track listing, playlist making and more.
    THE WEB: Browsing without restriction; html5, flash, webkit would knock the iPad out.
    DOCS AND MORE: docs to go truly to go. Edit and send on the fly.
    i stopped reading after flash. really? you're counting on adobe?
    yes yes yes!!!

i dont know how deep their pockets are though.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Im glad someone has vision.

Can u imagine classes using Palm Kindle's not only as their text, but note taking as well? then putting them away and using them for entertainment on the way home on the bus or while waiting between classes?

Or a doctor needing information from a customer then sending medication thru an app to the pharmacy's waiting list before the patient even leaves the room?
    hands the OP another bottle of booze... keep drinking son.
    I am all over that, takes a swig.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    yes yes yes!!!

i dont know how deep their pockets are though.
    Amazon.com (AMZN) Stock Charts

6.4 billion.. I think i prefer cisco (they have 40 billion).. Cisco would have the cash to do alot more.. While 6.4 billion is alot, amazon might want that money for something else. It will cost about 2 billion to buy palm (being generous), that would leave amazon with only 4 billion. Not to mention palm needs more money for more devs, marketing funds, new phone, etc.. The risk will be to big for amazon, but it's fine for Cisco. THey could work out a deal with amazon to use their book service. (they already use amazon for music, so why not..)

Cisco Systems (CSCO) Stock Charts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    who says amazon needs to buy palm? Why ot just buy shares of palm? Maybe a billion worth. Palm stays independent, is funded and amazon uses web os to compete with ipad.
    This is one reason why I think sony, imagine a color sony reader touch with webos? Add to it sony's media backing and its the best e-reader ever.
    Not that I think anything having to do with Palm and Amazon has any chance of happening, but rumor is that Amazon will be getting a Mirasol color e-ink screen in a new Kindle sometime soon.
    amazon + Palm = win. A service like amazon is the driving force that webos needs
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Now I wonder if I can get Amazon's CEO to listen.