Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all this doom and gloom of Palm being bought out... what have they been working on? what is there next "device". At this point... I need to know!!!

I would like a reason to stick around for longer and to make small apps for this platform.

Though i will never get an iPhone.. i think it's a "smart" phone created and made dummy proof for the masses.. (it is a great phone because of that) but i just can't get one.

ps been a Palm loyalist since i joined this board.
    Well a buyout/merger seems very likely. No matter who buys Palm, I don't think there will be a new Palm device. Hopefully we'll see WebOS on another company's device.
    You left out HOW. I don't think there is a way, upon buyout, that you will see a Palm made device.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I really hope they hold out for a dual core cpu..(well not if they have to wait till 2011 but till septembre would be fine)
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah I would like to know quickly what's up... I might go to HTC Evo 4G even though I shudder at using the software. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    You left out HOW. I don't think there is a way, upon buyout, that you will see a Palm made device.
    The device is probably already close to being completed. I doubt they would just drop it.

Ruby has said they have great hardware in the pipeline.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The device is probably already close to being completed. I doubt they would just drop it.

Ruby has said they have great hardware in the pipeline.
    would any ceo say we have crap hardware in the pipeline? ( I get what you were saying just throwing in a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The device is probably already close to being completed. I doubt they would just drop it.....
    One word... Foleo.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    One word... Foleo.
    if you look at the translated meaning of foleo, it's actually 2 words.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Palm ... what have they been working on? what is there next "device".
    i think you're posing a question that nobody here can answer. you're never going to know until they want you to or its leaked. You ask a question that no company is going to divulge. I'd like to know if a new iphone is coming to Sprint. Apple isn't going to say that until they want to.
  11.    #11  
    but there has to be a pipeline like stated above... something they started a year or so ago..
    Last edited by antonio3; 04/12/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    IMO, i think that the pre and webos revolutionalized the software platform, however was not accepted by everyone... i PERSONALLY think that palm is going to launch one more big attempt to reclaim they're own business this summer(C40?), since they have had time to work out some bugs for webos, and have given developers time to play around with the OS. if this attempt fails, the buyout talks that have been pursuing, which in all reality wont be ironed out for another few months anyway, will either be accepted/thrown out after they release their newest/possibly last? device into the already overcrowded "smart phone" genre. the success of this device will in turn portray of the company itself... but like i said, this is all IMO, and kinda makes sense to me
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    If they do not unveil a new device in the next 2 weeks... its not coming... I want a webOS device with HTC evo specs soooo bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    but there has to be a pipeline like stated above... something they started a year or so ago..
    But the buyer doesn't have to use the research. Companies "throw away" research and abandon projects all the time. And always not for the most valid reasons.
    Prē
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Remember when Palm announced the Pre @ CES then released it 6 months later with substantially less fanfare? Palm is looking to use the Pixi release time-frame, September announcement and November release.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    I want a webOS device with HTC evo specs soooo bad.
    agreed
    I really hope that we hear something soon because June first I am eligible for an upgrade and I am craving new hardware. I probably won't jump ship for another mobile OS until I have to but the Pre hardware is feeling old at this point.

I think Evo specs with webOS would make a killer match up that would be hard to top on any platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran51 View Post
    Remember when Palm announced the Pre @ CES then released it 6 months later with substantially less fanfare? Palm is looking to use the Pixi release time-frame, September announcement and November release.
    I agree that they shouldn't anounce a new device six months before releasing it again

However, I would like it if Palm "leaked" the name of the device or some other small piece of information just to let us know that they definitely have something new coming out...
  19.    #19  
    bumping my own thread... bump

damn that iPhone 4 looks pretty sweet...

How bout some sort of teaser pic? like a close up of a button... RUBY!! Where are you!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    sorry to say it folks, I just can't wait anymore and the hardware problems with the pre have pretty much done it for me. I'm switching and getting the IPhone 4 soon, unless palm will show us something within the week......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast