Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by microapple View Post
    Nice concept... Although people don't want to carry laptops around, they want a mobile device.
    It's not so much about size, but of the fact that the Pre/Pixi are more like a laptop then other mobile phones. I just think Palm is losing market share because they don't know how to promote their own devices. Look at Apple and Google; they promote what their phones can do, and customers love that. People want to think that a device they can own is special and unique. So a tiny WebOS laptop would be a better marketing scheme then the current ad's Palm, Sprint and Verizon have been running for the WebOS. Mainly because they are promoting the Pre/Pixi like any other phone. Hype the phone like crazy for a short period of time, throw some ad's around, then stop talking about the devices and move onto another phone idea. That is how most mobile phones are marketed, but it shouldn't be the way in which the WebOS is promoted. So Palm needs a new way to market their phones and I think showing of how well the WebOS can handle the things laptops can do, is the best way to go.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 07/10/2010 at 07:26 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

agreed... The OS is what we all love, and it stands to reason that it would be the key selling point. The hardware isn't what brought me onboard....
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipberkheimer View Post
    agreed... The OS is what we all love, and it stands to reason that it would be the key selling point. The hardware isn't what brought me onboard....
    I personally love the hardware for the Pre, but your right, the main selling point is the WebOS. I wish I were in charge of marketing over at Palm, because Palm has this sports car of a mobile OS, but they market it as a station wagon. That is why I think Palm needs to promote the Pre/Pixi as a tiny laptop, because they need to set themselves apart from the competition.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12