View Poll Results: Who would you like to see buy Palm?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple

1 1.79%
  • HTC

36 64.29%
  • Lenovo

6 10.71%
  • Google

5 8.93%
  • Sony

1 1.79%
  • HP

0 0%
  • Dell

0 0%
  • Samsung

1 1.79%
  • Other (explained in comments)

2 3.57%
  • none

4 7.14%
  1.    #1  
    Well, with the news that Palm may be for sale (Bloomberg: Palm is up for sale -- Engadget), who would you want to see snatch them up and why?
    HTC
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Nintendo
    not HTC. I can't stand their OS, their phones.
    Toyota
    i don't anyone to buy Palm a merger would be better maybe with HTC, Palm doing the software and HTC the hardware it would be incredible
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    not HTC. I can't stand their OS...
    Which one?? (Ignoring the fact that they don't technically have one!)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    HTC doesn't have an OS. They are reliant on Google's Android. Web OS and Android are both based on Linux. Technically they could run android with Web OS ui on top of it (ala sense ui). This way current pre users could migrate to HTC phones with android app catalog and retain the user experience provided to them by webos. This would be best of both worlds solution IMO.
    HTC hardware + HTC's version of an Android OS using a webOS style would be the best... I want my Palm Qwerty though and I like the look of the Pre better than anything else, HTC makes decent looking phones though. the Moto Droid is FUGLY, but it's still a good phone don't get me wrong.
    I think a marriage of Android and WebOS would be the best merging of two OSs if that is to happen. My first choice is none and that Palm would continue to exist as it's own company...but if it has to happen...
    Just found this.