Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    APPLE can make a bold move and become one of the companies that will be bidding for PALM.

Apple is flush with cash so out bidding other companies shouldn't be a problem.

Owning PALM accomplishes a number of things including:

Locks in a growing number of patents for the smartphone market.
    Can pick apart webOS and integrate the best UI into the iphone.
    More of a "impose their will" move but buying out company that was basically formed from ex apple employees.

Apple is playing to win the smartphone wars and making a bid on PALM in my opinion would be almost a "checkmate move".
    I'm sure if apple even starts off as a small bid, then other company's will get intimidated cause they all know apple will not stop bidding if they really wanted too
    and the funny thing is apple really doesnt need it... it would be odd if they bid for it... so they can bid a billion just for the heck of it and force a company to waste half to a whole billion to buy. again, i think htc only has 2 bill in cash so i dont know if they wanna waste it.

but if someone did bid 1.5 billion... that makes palm a $9 stock. hmm...

i guess its a pretty decent bet to buy at current price and shouldnt go any lower and just see if it goes $6 or $12.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I'm sure if apple even starts off as a small bid, then other company's will get intimidated cause they all know apple will not stop bidding if they really wanted too
    Yeah, apple will have all kinds of fun playing with the little guys lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Yeah, apple will have all kinds of fun playing with the little guys lol
    yep... but someone in another post mentioned google and forgot about them. they could bid up if they wanted to play with apple. boy $5 a share right now seems like a deal right now only because if they are for sale and if are more than one interested... i imagine it will not go below last fridays close at this point until a deal has been announced.
    Palm is a gnat to apple. And not worth buying. One look at Apple's multitasking should leave little doubt that nothing about webOS appeals to them. They don't buy companies unless it can add something or make a return on.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Apple has no reason to bid for Palm. Apple knows it has the handheld device market (especially for phones) pretty sewn up. thorne
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Apple has no reason to bid for Palm.
    That will look silly when we see Steve Jobs launching the iFoleo!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    That will look silly when we see Steve Jobs launching the iFoleo!
    Which proves my point. Apple knows how to market a device (i.e. tell consumers what they want). Palm does not.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i hope apple doesn't bid, i hate icrap.
    Apple buys Palm I'm jumping ship IMMEDIATELY.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Apple buys Palm I'm jumping ship IMMEDIATELY.
    if apple buys the ship, they will sink it asap.

I just hope the buyer has the cash to compete with the big boys.
    The only reason Apple would make an offer for Palm is to gain the patents. In doing that Apple will have more control of the Smart Phone market and the direction it goes. It would be a BIG win for Apple and just what they would want. For the pubic/consumer it would be a loose-loose.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!