Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    wow that was fast for a Sunday, this is already front page guys
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    i'm no expert, mind you, but I would think HTC doesn't reap ALL the cash from the sale of a phone running Google. I probably explained my point wrong though.
    Yea so Android is completely free .If I had the resources, I could develop an Android handset and Google would see 0 dollars from it.Maybe HTC and Google have a different deal on the Nexus One and G1, but on Sense devices I am positive HTC realizes all of the money made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    yeah i agree, but sometimes when a person sees something huge like this, first reaction is to let the pre community know ASAP with out thinking about searching. its the adrenaline rush
    You'd think this sort of news would make the front page.

*fingers crossed for a HTC/Palm lovechild!*

HTC hardware + WebOS + SenseUI widgets and sex appeal? HAWT.

-n8
    yeah i agree, but sometimes when a person sees something huge like this, first reaction is to let the pre community know ASAP with out thinking about searching. its the adrenaline rush
    I can totally agree with that one... stuff like that kinda gets the blood running and.... wait... what the??? Holy Crap! Guys.. did you see that Palm is for sale??? Hang on.. I'll post a link!
    And the iStuff fan boys are already posting comments about how much better they are.
    wow that was fast for a Sunday, this is already front page guys
    yeah... kind of a cruel pic in a way

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec.../palm-sale.png
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Bigger question is if this were to happen, would HTC stop manufacturing WinPho and Andriod handsets? Would they support all three?
    why not? At least, I hope they do. Just disecting Palm for their patents would suck donkey balls. It's pretty well known in the tech community that WebOS is very advanced and as close to the iPhone 'experience' than any other, so it would be a shame to scrap the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    You'd think this sort of news would make the front page.

*fingers crossed for a HTC/Palm lovechild!*

-n8
    already front page
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    HTC, they'll buy them up I bet. The IP alone takes care of their little Apple problem. Apple sues for multitouch, HTC counter sues for violating Palms smartphone patent.
    Look at it this way. Ruby wouldn't want sell out unless there was an agreement to keep WebOS alive. Or at least keep the Palm legacy alive. He said he didn't intend to sell, but of course that was just grandstanding. If he sells to HTC like everybody hopes,then they'll probably turn their focus to WebOS. You figure they need to PAY Google for the right to run their OS,whereas now they'll OWN their own OS in WebOS. It's a crazy good OS, which even iPhone fans admit. It would be utterly pointless to abandon this OS, and would even serve as a bargining chip with Google and Microsoft in the vein of 'why pay more for yours when we already have our own?'
    Folks, Ruby is the CEO of a publicly traded company. What happens to Palm isn't up to him--it's up to the board and, beyond that, the stockholders. And the largest single stockholder is Elevation Partners. If they decide to sell, then Ruby has nothing to say about it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Honestly, I really doubt it'd be HTC. If anyone, I think it'd have to be a large company with no current smartphones, something like Lenovo or HP. I just said this in another thread, but it'd take a while to get enough people and to get up to speed with Android or whatever, and so they could do a lot worse than buying Palm to quicken the process.
    business sense is that you still sell the other phones... with those phones they sell major volume... that's how they make money. if they did continue on with webos, it would take a little bit of time then they could reevaluate then.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Bigger question is if this were to happen, would HTC stop manufacturing WinPho and Andriod handsets? Would they support all three?
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    Yea so Android is completely free .If I had the resources, I could develop an Android handset and Google would see 0 dollars from it.Maybe HTC and Google have a different deal on the Nexus One and G1, but on Sense devices I am positive HTC realizes all of the money made.
    Gotcha. Never really understood that. That being said, why would HTC buy Palm and drop a billion in the process other to get the patents?...... Ugh... I'm done thinking about it. Depressing. I'll just wait and see. :-(
    what about stock bought in palm?
    i would agree... but you didnt even have to scroll down the page. lol

i really like the idea of an HP tablet running WebOS though...

HP WebOS Tablet vs HTC WebOS Superphone???

i would go with the tablet..
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    what if Apple just swoops Palm out of no where to make sure HTC does not get them??
    Ouch. Oh, crap, that's too real a possibility. Apple could make an offer that no Palm stockholders would be inclined to ignore.

And if Apple did buy Palm, then their patent portfolio would become truly formidable. Google would be in trouble. That means that Google could bid as well, just to stop this from happening.

And if either of those happen, then say goodbye to webOS. Apple would kill it off for sure, and Google would, at most, maybe incorporate some of the UI elements.

I'm becoming very, very sad.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Ouch. Oh, crap, that's too real a possibility. Apple could make an offer that no Palm stockholders would be inclined to ignore.

And if Apple did buy Palm, then their patent portfolio would become truly formidable. Google would be in trouble. That means that Google could bid as well, just to stop this from happening.

And if either of those happen, then say goodbye to webOS. Apple would kill it off for sure, and Google would, at most, maybe incorporate some of the UI elements.

I'm becoming very, very sad.
    wouldn't this put Apple in a sort of Monopoly position? Who'd be able to compete when they'd need to pay Apple for everything they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Oops. Sorry, missed it. Kind of freaked out, so I only did a cursory glance of the front page.

My brain is a little fried.
    Happens to the best of us!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    why not? At least, I hope they do. Just disecting Palm for their patents would suck donkey balls. It's pretty well known in the tech community that WebOS is very advanced and as close to the iPhone 'experience' than any other, so it would be a shame to scrap the OS.
    Thats not what I ment, I ment why would they continue supporting Microsoft and Google OSes when they would have WebOs under their ownership. This is something that could really shake up the industry, because other than the driod, everyone other top tier andriod and winmo phone has been by HTC, and if they were to drop support for those platforms and only support WebOs, than things will get pretty interestring.

I still hope no sale goes through, I would miss palm.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast