Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    you bet
    but the question is how much? you were golden if you jumped on it last week.
    but now it's in the fives. technically at 6 dollars you have a market cap of 1 billion and the only thing of value is the patents and webos... worth a billion?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    but now it's in the fives. technically at 6 dollars you have a market cap of 1 billion and the only thing of value is the patents and webos... worth a billion?
    don't forget, the brand name PALM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    It magically going to $5 overnight last week was them trying to raise the price of Palm.. hindsight is just that....
    This has just been one ****ed up day, If it is not fighting trolls then it is flash not coming anytime soon, and now this!!!! well at least we know why flash is not going to be coming soon guys
    so depressing and lonely to be a palm user nowadays (
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    don't forget, the brand name PALM.
    i actually think it's best to FORGET the name at this point. They can keep WebOS.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I may just have to quit trading stocks all together - or quit setting limit orders at least.

About a month ago (or whenever Palm's stock was still in the double-digits), I had put a sell order in with a limit price of $14.00 for the day. The stock reached $13.95 that day and no higher, then it went on the slide down to ~$3. Now last week after hearing about AT&T's launch coming fairly soon, firing their marketing firm, and other news I decided to buy some more shares. I put in a limit order at $3.78 and PALM reached $3.80 before ending the day higher - once again not executing my trade.

So here I am stuck with a bunch of shares in the $14-$16 range, and even tomorrows potential double-digit percentage gain that will probably ensue doesn't mean much to me

Hopefully whoever buys them overpays greatly
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    so depressing and lonely to be a palm user nowadays (
    Wipe the tears from your eyes
    Wipe your tears away
    Oh, wipe your tears away
    Oh, wipe your tears away
    Oh, wipe your blood shot eyes

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
    Sunday, Bloody Sunday
    Apple sues HTC--court filings | Wireless - CNET News

HTC vs Apple Court Battle.. how will this affect it? or it won't as HTC didn't have these patents when they manufactured the other phones anyway. Assuming HTC "wins"
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Man if HTC buys Palm and shores up WebOS and puts out some sexy WebOS devices...I can finally jump on the WebOS train next year...and at the same time acquire enough patents to fight this Apple lawsuit.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Flash could be the the least of our worries at this point. There's a good possibility that any webOS updates are probably on hold.
    WebOS and HTC hardware sounds great to me. However, I'm not sure if the WebOS support will be th same after an acquisition. That would be sad.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Bloomberg: Palm is up for sale -- (check Engadget.com - I can't post URLs)

This one sounds real to me.. HTC or Lenovo..
    yeah... a little late there buddy

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...come-week.html

Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    Bloomberg: Palm is up for sale -- (check Engadget.com - I can't post URLs)

This one sounds real to me.. HTC or Lenovo..
    please check for other threads before posting!
    Hmmmmm.

I'm sure there will be a statement from Jon soon. I say wait and see.
  17. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    oh man this **** is so depressing. I doubt that whoever gets Palm is going to spin it out in any way that would be beneficial to Palm. They'll probably swallow them into their company and scuttle away the Palm name.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    HTC makes me feel happy.
    Personally, I'd love to see HTC buy Palm and keep WebOS as their platform and not throw it out. I can guarantee that Apple doesn't want them to buy Palm because that portfolio would instantly make all lawsuits go bye-bye! I love Palm and hope HTC makes a kick-**** phone with WebOS. Gonna be an interesting week or two!

If you haven't looked up Bono's investment history... take a look. That guy has got to have the exact opposite of the golden touch. Everything he has invested in has been driven into the ground. lol Selling to HTC would be his first positive experience in investments!
    More unsubstantiated speculation.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast