Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Looks like another company might be jumping into the Palm talks. If you don't know who Huawei is, they are a huge phone manufacturer in China (one of the biggest) and may be looking to expand their name. They are the long-shot, but who knows.

This could all turn out to be a move for Palm to get another cash infusion from the bank and investors and not really a plan to sell. Gonna be fun to watch anyhow!
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tapps-com.html

Yes, I am with Palm. I'm in the DTS group. I can't comment on the rumors other than to say this. I went through the buyout of Sun by Oracle. The rumors are almost never true. There were *tons* of Sun buyout rumors for years before the Oracle deal happened. I wouldn't worry about it. One way or another we'll keep making great webOS devices for you to put your great apps on.
    BLOOMBERG:Misek Says a Possible Sale `Makes Sense' for Palm: Video

IMO this guy analys Palm situation right to the point
    YouTube - Bloomberg's Channel
    well it won't be too late for the htc evo to have WebOs on it if htc gets palm.....its plenty of time for that to come about..webos was up for a 4g device on sprint anyway right
    that lady looks like she is on drugs lol
    Pam burns $80 miilion every 3 months.

Palm Buyer Would Gain WebOS Operating System, Patents: Video

Ars Technica is posing the same question about the true value of Palm's patents here:

Palm may be for sale, but are its patents really valuable?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Ars Technica is posing the same question about the true value of Palm's patents here:

Palm may be for sale, but are its patents really valuable?
    The problem is, he doesn't actually say anything in the article. I mean, he's speculating "why hasn't Palm sued anyone if they have such important patents," but he doesn't do any research into their patents himself, doesn't talk to a patent lawyer to get an opinion that might actually mean anything, he just states a question as if it means something, when I'm sure there's a ton of other reasons why they didn't sue. It just is bad logic. One doesn't imply the other.

...Though I'm not a lawyer either.
    I haven't read the whole thread because...well because it's 12 pages long So forgive me if this has been discussed, but has anyone considered this might be a ploy to simply show off how valuable Palm actually is? By courting "buyers" they can show just what there patent portfolio is worth and perhaps entice someone to get a much needed cash infusion. Just a thought of course.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112