Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work at radioshack, and after a week in vacation i come back today and play catchup with my manager to see what i miss this week. our sprint rep informed my manager that palm pre and pixi will stop being sold by sprint. other phones will be coming out, not from palm from what my manager told me, the name of the phone is "sheik" or something like that. i cannot find nothing about this phone since my manager does not remember which company is making this phone.

i have check the sku for the palm pre and pixi, and out store has 0 in inventory, both are mark as active, but however our regular model quantity is at 0. the regular model quantity is the quantity of units this sku has per store, usually when this goes to 0 we will not recieve that particular item, in this case the palm pixi and pre.

this does not mean that sprint will drop palm, however right now its not official but sprint is going to stop selling the pre and pixi.

*updated* added the images from my stores inventory
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by acekilla; 04/11/2010 at 01:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Hopefully they will just be switching to the Plus models...
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    I don't find it at all surprising that Sprint would stop selling the Pre and Pixi. A couple of things could account for it, from your description:

1. Sprint will start selling the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus, as a slipstream. I believe I remember seeing this rumor somewhere else recently.

2. Sprint will start selling the next webOS device, which perhaps isn't manufactured by Palm. This could account for the rumored HTC discussions with Palm. Seems a bit too early for this, however.

Or, of course, your manager is incorrect.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    When does the late april fools cue come in?

Hopefully, your manager is wrong.
    Just because they are, doesn't mean that SPRINT is. Yes, the phones are being phased out of the shack. But Sprint still sells Rumors and all kinds of things. Corelation is not causation.
    I highly doubt this is true simply because of the sprint employees on this forum. We would NOT hear it from a shack manager before a sprint employee here. Wheres the leaked email :P there is ALWAYS a leaked email
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    how can radioshack manager now what sprint is doing and no one else does ?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I highly doubt this is true simply because of the sprint employees on this forum. We would NOT hear it from a shack manager before a sprint employee here. Wheres the leaked email :P there is ALWAYS a leaked email
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    your #2 how can sprint sell the next web os and not palm when palm is web os ?

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't find it at all surprising that Sprint would stop selling the Pre and Pixi. A couple of things could account for it, from your description:

1. Sprint will start selling the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus, as a slipstream. I believe I remember seeing this rumor somewhere else recently.

2. Sprint will start selling the next webOS device, which perhaps isn't manufactured by Palm. This could account for the rumored HTC discussions with Palm. Seems a bit too early for this, however.

Or, of course, your manager is incorrect.
    they still carry the treo pro at my local sprint store. Sprint may not order any more inventory from palm, but they wont stop selling the phones until they are out of on hand inventory.
    I was just talking to people at the Sprint store today, they never mentioned that they were going to stop selling the Pre.
    I hope sprint gets the pre and pixi+ and just get rid of what we have now.kinda would make some sense since they are a lot of verizon + phones and since it is cdma, I guess the only thing they would need to do is change the mirror to a sprint on
    Last edited by Menace187; 04/10/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    you must have heard wrong buddy,i work at a sprint store in brooklyn,and we have not got such information,however I believe I've heard that radio shack doesn't carry palm pre/pixie anymore.
    radioshach is in deed eliminating the palm phones from their inventory to make room for the hotspot and usb 3g devices, also i am sure they will carry the evo therefore they had to eliminate phones to make space in the planogram. The 2 plam phones were kind of a problem child for the company as well being most of them were returned at some point.

I had tried to get a pre from my old mgr at the shack but he was unable to find any with any kind of luck, so best buy was happy to price match me one after some much needed pleading and BSing.

I agree it is kind of dumb, but thats the shack for you. Sprint has no plans to discontinue the phone as of yet being one of its flagship smart phones as of now- as an alternative to android. the blackberry just does not compare.
  15.    #15  
    No april fools, take it as a joke if you want i really dont care, i just found out we rmac our pre demo phone.

my manager informed me this, since our sprint rep told him this information. thats where he got his information, and well my sprint rep got it from his higher superiors. read my second sentence in my OP before we start saying my manager came up with this info.

normally the way discontinued phones go, bestbuy walmart, radioshack etc. stop selling the phones. these stores always get rid of the old, and get the new. Sprint however has to keep selling these discontinued phones. so you may not find it at radioshack, but you will find it at a sprint store.

for those who work at sprint stores, do you still have any discontinued phones that you cannot find at walmart, bestbuy or at radioshack?
    Can you check the sku again and take a picture for us?
    Well, the Pre is almost a year old phone. You may be right that Sprint will stop selling the Pre and Pixi once they run out, and Radio Shack, Best Buy will stop carrying them soon. It is at an end of a cycle for this phone. But to not carry a Palm phone or WebOS device, he might be mistaken. As far as I know, Sprint has had a long relationship with Palm, and unless Palm goes out business, I don't think Sprint will dump Palm, not just yet. Isn't the c40 or something like that in the Sprint system. I assume that is a Palm device.

Again, this is all speculation and word of mouth. Just because it is being phased out, doesn't mean they will never have a Palm device with Sprint again.
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Can you check the sku again and take a picture for us?
    im at work, i have no idea how to get a picture from my pre to this website from my pre directly, i can do it here at work but too much of a hassle, ill deal with it when i get home. i got the inventory look for the pre and pixi ill post it once i get home tonight.
    This
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast