Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Editorial: HTC and Palm should get hitched and make beautiful babies -- Engadget
    I jus wish ruby comes up with the designs and then lets htc jus build it.. That all that needed..
  2. #2  
    Although it's a dream come true, I doubt this would happen. It makes sense, but in reality it wouldn't happen.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3. #3  
    I don't see this happening.
  4. #4  
    rubi said if something well is offered from htc he would consider....so lets not put it too far out of reach...htc did make the treo pro for palm
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    rubi said if something well is offered from htc he would consider....so lets not put it too far out of reach...htc did make the treo pro for palm
    Actually john stated that if a offer was made from a COMPANY the board would consider it. There has been no offical relations known between any company and palm.
  6.    #6  
    all palm needs is money to make great hardware and to market there product better. That's all..
  7. #7  
    I think Palm should just have HTC make their next phones (w/a partnership, the could put out a # of phones in a short time period) just like the olden days.
  8.    #8  
    now that I think about it I blame Ruby and here is why.. When the pre launched he said Palms goal was to get it on every carrier that was the big mistake he should have had a difernt device foe the big 3. You think at&t users really want a pre plus they should be getting brandnew hardware and that's the truth.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    now that I think about it I blame Ruby and here is why.. When the pre launched he said Palms goal was to get it on every carrier that was the big mistake he should have had a difernt device foe the big 3. You think at&t users really want a pre plus they should be getting brandnew hardware and that's the truth.
    and the pixi is a waste of production, the time used for that device should have been for something else..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I think Palm should just have HTC make their next phones (w/a partnership, the could put out a # of phones in a short time period) just like the olden days.
    Palm makes a mass majority of their money by selling the hardware. The actual OS brings in little revenue (app sales only). HTC wouldn't be too interested in WebOS because it would require them to buy a licensing fee whereas Android is free and open to manipulation. If Palm licensed to other manufacturers , then the OS would be at the discretion of Palm.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    and the pixi is a waste of production, the time used for that device should have been for something else..
    Pixi would have been fine w/pre's specs, and a new name.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Palm makes a mass majority of their money by selling the hardware. The actual OS brings in little revenue (app sales only). HTC wouldn't be too interested in WebOS because it would require them to buy a licensing fee whereas Android is free and open to manipulation. If Palm licensed to other manufacturers , then the OS would be at the discretion of Palm.
    Palm made money on the hardware/software/brand name when HTC made the Treo Pro for them. HTC's name would be no where on the product, Palm would simply outsource the production to them, as they have in the past.
  13. #13  
    Just imagine a phone with Evo4G spec and WebOS. Prety much the best smartphone I an think of.

    I love WebOS but hate the hardware issues with me Pre Plus.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Just imagine a phone with Evo4G spec and WebOS. Prety much the best smartphone I an think of.

    I love WebOS but hate the hardware issues with me Pre Plus.
    That's pretty much the general consensus (with a physical keyboard)


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  15. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #15  
    Man, imagine if the Evo was running webOS!! I would buy my plan out and re-up right now. If Palm can come out with some really sweet hardware and a screen that's 3.7" or better, I can't imagine ever needing another device (although I'm sure I'll buy another one, because that's what we do, right?).
  16. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Just imagine a phone with Evo4G spec and WebOS. Prety much the best smartphone I an think of.

    I love WebOS but hate the hardware issues with me Pre Plus.
    Damn, you beat me to it!!
  17.    #17  
    I Hope the C40 is excellent hardware when i look at the EVO I feel I'm settling for a garbage os. It like buying windowsmobile all over again. Beautiful htc hardware with a horrible os.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The pixi sells better than the Pre from what I heard.
    Highly doubt that

    If so, source?


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    and the pixi is a waste of production, the time used for that device should have been for something else..
    The Pixi has virtually the same specs. What production time? If anything they should drop the Pre, improve the clearly superior Pixi into the Pre 2.0 with a wider screen and better hardware. Keep the slimness/amazing keyboard/webOS. Slider phones need to go the way of the dinosaur.
  20. #20  
    If the Pixi where not crippled, I for one would
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions