Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said that HTC, the world’s fifth-largest smartphone maker, had ”opened discussions about an intent to acquire” Palm."

http://www.maanclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=13754&p=204570#p204570

Wow! This is really exciting news because HTC makes some freaking awesome hardware and Palm has the best mobile OS ever made. Sweet! No wonder why the stock keeps going up day after day...
    Time to buy buy buy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    "Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said that HTC, the world’s fifth-largest smartphone maker, had ”opened discussions about an intent to acquire” Palm."

Married And Always Nagged • Login

Wow! This is really exciting news because HTC makes some freaking awesome hardware and Palm has the best mobile OS ever made. Sweet! No wonder why the stock keeps going up day after day...
    Time to buy buy buy!!
    With the amount HTC is behind Android right now, I highly doubt that HTC will actually try to buy Palm. Hopefully Palm can get some really great hardware for their next gen device
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    This will never happen because HTC will lose too much money because they have so much invested in Android.
    that's why they need Palm more than anything I think you forgot the Patent law suite by apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    This will never happen because HTC will lose too much money because they have so much invested in Android.
    Isn't Android open source?
    Setting aside for the moment that this has been discussed extensively in another thread, I'll say this about the Engadget article: I'm so very, very tired of hearing people say things like this:

Though they aren't currently working together in any capacity (as far as we know), HTC has made Palm's hardware in the past -- a lot of it -- most recently partnering on the Treo Pro. Remember, this was back in the days when Palm devices weren't flimsy pieces of garbage. [Emphasis added.]
    Palm had its initial QC problems with the Pre, but it is entirely inappropriate to say that the Pre is a "flimsy piece of garbage." It's hatchet jobs like this that have contributed to Palm's lack of success in the market.

Okay, rant over.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Setting aside for the moment that this has been discussed extensively in another thread, I'll say this about the Engadget article: I'm so very, very tired of hearing people say things like this:

Palm had its initial QC problems with the Pre, but it is entirely inappropriate to say that the Pre is a "flimsy piece of garbage." It's hatchet jobs like this that have contributed to Palm's lack of success in the market.

Okay, rant over.
    The Treo Pro even had it's share of QC problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Okay, rant over.
    What's not inappropriate? The Pre is garbage for hardware. Accept it.

Even the AT&T reps are saying the hardware feels cheap. Not the internals really but what its housed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What's not inappropriate? The Pre is garbage for hardware. Accept it.

Even the AT&T reps are saying the hardware feels cheap. Not the internals really but what its housed in.
    I'm not surprised that you're saying this, and I have no desire whatsoever to enter into this debate with you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    +1 to cardfan. And the Pro is still a great phone. Could use Pixi type keys, but I was quite fond of it while I used it.

If HTC bought Palm I'd imagine Sense for Android could get a boost. Between the two OS's and their phenom handsets, they'd be a powerhouse. Big cash infusion for Palm. Maybe a little overtime for the developers to rewrite the OS to implement the GPU. HTC also has some development muscle whether in house or outsourced for how they embed Sense into Android. So maybe they could offer Palm some assistance there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    The Treo Pro even had it's share of QC problems.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    Isn't Android open source?
    I think he means in terms of Sense UI and all the other things they've built for Android.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post

Married And Always Nagged • Login

Time to buy buy buy!!
    Not to offend, but there's already a 4-page thread on this topic, started yesterday and referencing the same information, here:

HTC in Talks to Buy Palm?

When you start a new thread, keep an eye on the "Similar Topics" pop-up to avoid doubling up.
    [QUOTE=wynand32;

Okay, rant over.[/QUOTE]

sorry but the pre hardware is total garbage
    I was really hoping that Google buys them out. Google could use the patents and their Android seems to be taking off pretty well. If they were to merge both functionality, I think it would make a very competitive OS.
    i like HTC but I am afraid they will just throw webOS out in the trash since they have Android already. They are only interested in the patent portfolio of Palm.
    I'd love a world where Nokia/Meego competes head-to-head with HTC/WebOS.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Hi all, There is an interesting article on Cnet about what firms might benifit from buying Palm. I think the last one mentioned is very intesting: Nintendo! It is the very last item. At this point, who knows if anyone is really interested in Palm. Keep in mind Nintendo is developing a 3D hand held screen, that would be very nice on a Palm Pre/ Here is the info:

Nintendo
    Would Nintendo buy Palm? Probably not. But it's fun to think about. Their flagship mobile product, the DSi, does all sorts of things beyond gaming. And sure, Nintendo hasn't exactly sounded like its eager to make an all-in-one device like the iPhone, but as it's been pointed out for several years, sophisticated smartphones like the iPhone and gaming-centric devices like the DS are at least on a collision course. WebOS on the DSi? It's only a little big crazier of an idea than, say, putting a 3D screen on it.

The link to the entire article is here: Who would benefit most by buying Palm? | Circuit Breaker - CNET News

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    nintendo ceo just poked fun at the iphone and how there games don't even come close to being entertaining or even give the user the slightest bit of gaming that can be found on handheld like the dsi. I wish I could find the article.
    Dear The truth, you never know, thanks for the info, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast