Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, what is an easy way for me to buy a few shares of Palm stock?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Launch your etrade app, sign up and buy a few shares.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Launch your etrade app, sign up and buy a few shares.
    is there a fee for buying the shares? It looks like maybe a $9 fee per share I buy?
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    It's nine bucks per transaction. If you buy one share, it cost nine bucks. I'd you buy a thousand shares, it cost nine bucks.
    you didnt read my response to you in the last thread you asked this eh?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240599-stock.html
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    you didnt read my response to you in the last thread you asked this eh?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/240599-stock.html
    ahh sorry, I checked yesterday and didn't see it yet!
    Thanks!
    Here are few brokers that charge way way less......

- Tradeking (have it no complains)
    - Sogotrade
    - Optionhouse

from the list optionhouse is the cheapest i know at TK there is no minimum....so win win =)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Scottrade is cheaper.

$500 minimum account vs $1000 for Etrade. And $7 per transaction vs $10 on Etrade.
    you should have bought it a year ago like I did............when I bought 500 shares of Apple at $88.00 and 100 shares of Microsoft at $16.00......I also bought 10,000 SiriusXM at .07
    you want cheap then go zecco.com

$4.50 a trade and i don't believe a minimum account balance. my coworker has it and no problems with it over a couple of years.

i been using etrade for over a decade so thats why i recommended that. i like the way it feels navigating through it and the features and also with the iphone app i can access and make trades on the go... Bought BAC at $4 on the road so it definitely paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Scottrade is cheaper.

$500 minimum account vs $1000 for Etrade. And $7 per transaction vs $10 on Etrade.
    Do any of these service providers have mobile (peferably WebOS friendly) sites?
    I bought BAC at $4.00 also and Quantum at.37
    very nice on quantum last year was a very good year... you could almost buy anything and would have made at least 100%

Quote Originally Posted by rwas View Post
    I bought BAC at $4.00 also and Quantum at.37
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Do any of these service providers have mobile (peferably WebOS friendly) sites?
    Usually it would be for iphone and BB phones but with Pre's awesome browser i had no issues accessing my account from my phone, but you would have to check the site for supported phones.
    I use Scottrade, and the info above is corrent. I've been using it for a little over a year with no problems.
    I use Schwab...........rates went down to $7.99 per trade
    I use Scottrade to, been using it for about 3 years. So far so good. I'm still kicking my self for not buying Palm stock the first time around (when the Pre was anounced).
    I am looking to start investing myself. . What would you guys recommend if you only had ur pre to browse the website?? Would you guys recommend buy and sell repeatedly? Is it legal? For example I buy at 5 sell at 10 it drops back to 5 I buy again. . Rinse and repeat
    ^ Nothing illegal about it...that's how most investors play the game....the thing u have to be concerned about is Fee's and gain tax.....do some research before jumping in the investing world.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast