Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    whoaaaaaaa

what happened today (or at least so far) to spark the stock price for Palm?
    11:42 EST sitting at $4.34... up 48 cents.
    1 hour ago it was up 3 cents lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    whoaaaaaaa

what happened today (or at least so far) to spark the stock price for Palm?
    11:42 EST sitting at $4.34... up 48 cents.
    1 hour ago it was up 3 cents lol
    NI Technology Updates Outlooks for Research in Motion, Palm, Cavium Networks, QLogic and Silicon Laboratories - MarketWatch
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Lenovo is a potential takeover suitor or LBO that's helped PALM surge over 12 percent in the first 90 minutes of trading today.

News Headlines
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Lenovo is a potential takeover suitor or LBO that's helped PALM surge over 12 percent in the first 90 minutes of trading today.

News Headlines
    Wow. Lenovo. Hadn't even thought of them.

But if you're familiar with their upcoming IdeaPad U1 tablet/notebook combo, image if it were running webOS. My golly: a Windows 7 notebook with a pop-off webOS tablet that shared data and state. Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid Notebook/Slate Tablet Combo | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

I think I just wet myself.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    +0.70 (18.18%) right now.... and just last night I was thinking that I should add Palm stock.... oops.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Imagine webos running on a lenovo C series, yummy!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    I love WebOS on a hand held, but I don't think I'd want it as a desktop OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Man, did you click on my link? Forget the desktop, imagine that pop-off tablet concept on the IdeaPad U1. I'm still wetting myself over here...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

But if you're familiar with their upcoming IdeaPad U1 tablet/notebook combo, image if it were running webOS. My golly: a Windows 7 notebook with a pop-off webOS tablet that shared data and state. Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid Notebook/Slate Tablet Combo | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

A Windows 7 notebook with a pop-off webOS tablet is an awesome form factor! With the addition to WiFi and Bluetooth. integrated webcam and stereo speakers and ports missing from the ipad, this could be the competition that sets apple back a bit. The price point needs to be closer to $500 instead of $1000.
    OMG Lenovo would be very interesting. And WebOS on the tablet portion of the U1 Hybrid, WOW, I was already sold on the U1 and if they make a WebOS version I'd be sold beyond belief.
  12.    #12  
    seems like people are happy with a lenovo buyout?

hmm
    I was so against anything buying out palm, but really.. lenovo would use webOS to it's strong advantage, no?
    Lenovo has their own mobile phone division, actually. They're in bed with Android and uses oPhone
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    A Windows 7 notebook with a pop-off webOS tablet is an awesome form factor! With the addition to WiFi and Bluetooth. integrated webcam and stereo speakers and ports missing from the ipad, this could be the competition that sets apple back a bit. The price point needs to be closer to $500 instead of $1000.
    I'd have no problem with a $1000 pricepoint given that it's both a full-size notebook (with very nice specs) and a tablet. My only problem with it at this point is the resistive touch screen.

And I still want stylus support in my next tablet device. I take handwritten notes on my Dell Tablet PC and think it's a tragedy that Apple could force this incredible tool off the market. I'm glad to see that HP is including pen support in their Slate.

Now, if HP would buy Palm and come out with a version of their slate running webOS... Hmm... Choices, choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    seems like people are happy with a lenovo buyout?

hmm
    I was so against anything buying out palm, but really.. lenovo would use webOS to it's strong advantage, no?
    I'm not exactly happy with the notion. I'd like Palm to stay independent as well. But if they are going to get bought out, then I'd like to see it result in something innovative like a webOS tablet.

Actually, I'd rather see HP buy them. HP needs a mobile OS, they're making very nice hardware lately, and as I mentioned above I'd like even more to see a version of the HP Slate released running webOS.
    So would now be a good time to buy palm stock, before a buyout? How does that work?

HOLLLLLLLLLLY FUDGE!!!!!!!

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!

Although they'd have to put a scorpion cpu (dual core snapdragon running at 1.5 ghz), and have the ability to MULTI-TASK with 2 apps at the same time.. like each taking half the screen. have gesture ares on the side, so you swiped from the side to make the app take one side of the screen, then the new app takes the other.. Imagine, reading a book, while typing on a doc, watching a movie, while browsing the net. using gps in your car, while watching a video.

The possibilities are un-imaginable.. FOR the first not only am i okay with the idea of palm being bought, but i'm actually hoping they do...

Also become like "partners" with amazon, so they get a huge book library.. Did i mention it's also a laptop that runs windows 7? it's amazing!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Did i mention it's also a laptop that runs windows 7? it's amazing!!!!
    I don't know, but I did...

Seriously, this idea is pretty exciting. I'd not give it more than a 1.9% chance of happening, but it would be cool if it did (although, not more cool than Palm making it on their own).
    I don't know, but I did...

Seriously, this idea is pretty exciting. I'd not give it more than a 1.9% chance of happening, but it would be cool if it did (although, not more cool than Palm making it on their own).
    Palm doesn't have the recourses, a buyout from a company that just throws more cash at them, and lets them do what they want would be amazing. And then grabs web-os, and makes it work on a tablet, that's also a laptop... I know it's not going to happen, but i'd be amazing..
    Up .51 today on pre-market!!??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast