Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Up .51 today on pre-market!!??
    NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Palm Inc. (PALM 5.17, +0.52, +11.18%) rose nearly 12% to $5.19 in pre-market trade on Friday after reports HTC Corp. of Taiwan said in a regulatory filing that it would not comment on a published reports that it was in talks to acquire the smartphone maker. Earlier in the week shares of Palm rallied on speculation it might be acquired by PC maker Lenovo
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Wow. Lenovo. Hadn't even thought of them.

But if you're familiar with their upcoming IdeaPad U1 tablet/notebook combo, image if it were running webOS. My golly: a Windows 7 notebook with a pop-off webOS tablet that shared data and state. Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid Notebook/Slate Tablet Combo | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

I think I just wet myself.
    That is a beautiful thought my friend... I was at the Palazzo for CES and Lenovo had a restaurant setup as a showcase for their stuff and private meetings for the whole weekend... I talked my way in and had some really good face time with all their new stuff... esp that product... Really nice harware...

But taking off the table part with it running webOS would be damn sweet!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    go to www.etrade.com and open an account, fund it with all the money you can and then buy as many palm shares... then hold on tight

or better assume the sitting position, bend forward and put head between legs.

Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    So would now be a good time to buy palm stock, before a buyout? How does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Up .51 today on pre-market!!??
    at 5.10 now lol...

just some insiders buying up stocks prior to a big announcement.. They make the announcement stock doubles..... they sell double their money. And buy again when people start screaming PALM is dead. Good system
    that would make a lot of sense because they are currently in legal battle... having those palm patents would pretty much protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Palm Inc. (PALM 5.17, +0.52, +11.18%) rose nearly 12% to $5.19 in pre-market trade on Friday after reports HTC Corp. of Taiwan said in a regulatory filing that it would not comment on a published reports that it was in talks to acquire the smartphone maker. Earlier in the week shares of Palm rallied on speculation it might be acquired by PC maker Lenovo
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    This would be a great move. Clean out palm management, build better hardware and invest heavily in dev support.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12