1.    #1  
    What are peoples thoughts on why Engadget did not post the winner of Laptop Magazine’s "March Smartphone Madness"?
    Engadget is famously pro-apple so it doesn't surprise me
    No, Gizmodo is pro-Apple. Another lesser know news site's poll is not worth the time to post on a major tech news source like Engadget. It's not really really critical to tech industry.
    Because they are too busy slobbering over the iPad.
    It's a conspiracy! Why wouldn't the results of a wholly illegitimate and cheat-filled contest be plastered all over the tech press? Why wouldn't Engadget want to give Laptop Magazine publicity?

Next, they should cover the Smartphone Round Robin, and after that Gizmodo's iPhone apps of the week.

Oh wait...Laptop Magazine themselves don't have it anywhere on their front page either.
    They've pulled up obscure articles before though. And Engadget's "polls" are almost as useless as you say the contest was.

I think it's iPad mania. And let's face it, Engadget is another in a list of sites that thinks Palm is going to fail eventually(they may not be wrong though).

March Smart Phone Madness Winner: Palm Pre Plus!

BTW, it was under "Hottest", not exactly on the front page but decent.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've always gotten a reply from engadget, but i tipped them about 2 things pre related, and got noting back... one was this, the other was the ipad, and pre plus thing.

Engadget writters aren't biased in articles, and reviews but they do cover apple products like no other, but that's maybe cause they are a POPULAR tech site, and cover items that are popular.. No one cares about the pre right now (well i do, but...) , but each ipad article gets them so many hits...
    Well they did take pains to post that ad agency split. I think they mainly post Palm stuff when it's leaning toward negative.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I feel that Engadget is actually really well balanced, they often grab stories from PreCentral whether it be positive or negative.

It's an online poll guys, it's not news.

I actually feel like PreCentral is more negative *shrug*