1.    #1  
    Disclaimers... Mileage may vary... results not guaranteed... see dealer for details... maybe it is just my location, blah blah blah.

Now that that is out of the way,

It is obviously a pretty easy test, I hold them together, switch positions (left to right) once just for the heck of it. Try another couple places in the house (indoor test only) and that's about it.

VERY sweet results, at least for this new 270 owner, the 270 averages a about one bar increase!!!

Don't claim in any way what so ever to know or suspect why... just found out this morning fiddling around.

Don't tell my wife, she is just starting to warm up to the 180

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Well, pretty basic test but in my flat my Ericsson got between 0-3 out of 5 bars.

The Treo 270 gets 2-4!!!!

I don't know what they've done but I like it

/Trev
    You guys gotta realize you can't rely on bars at all. They are very inaccurate, update too slowly, and depend completely on whatever a programmer designed them to represent, so they can differ between brand, model, even software update.

How many times have you been talking on your phone and your reception starts to cut out, you hardly have any signal, but the phone is still reporting five bars? I think every time for me.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by jwardell
    You guys gotta realize you can't rely on bars at all. They are very inaccurate, update too slowly, and depend completely on whatever a programmer designed them to represent, so they can differ between brand, model, even software update.

How many times have you been talking on your phone and your reception starts to cut out, you hardly have any signal, but the phone is still reporting five bars? I think every time for me.
    Beleive it or not, I hardly ever have that happen!

When I did my test I stayed in one location long enough to let the phone do many updates. Plus, another comparison is that the 270 is getting working coverage in a couple parts of town where the 180 wouldn't even work.

Maybe it is just my phone (don't forget my disclaimers ;-) but my 270 is definitely getting better reception than my (oops, the wifes) 180.

I'm happy,

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7