Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm:

The tone of this forum over the last week or so has been pretty damn dismal, due to all the eulogies that are flying around.
    According to the front page here at Pre|C, u've announced that AT&T will be blessed with the tainted Pre + and Pixi + "in the coming months".
    These phones are basically considered old and glitchy news no matter what tech circle one visits.

From the feel of this forum, something needs to be done NOW.
    Why do the Pre and Pixi keep getting regurgitated?
    A year in tech circles is like 10 in calendar years. With those phones going to AT&T "in the coming months", that'll be a year and a half.
    Help yourself by moving on to some new hardware.

Palm, if you believe that the light at the end of the tunnel is not getting dimmer, then you must give your fanbase something they can see.
    Not promises or apologies.
    Otherwise, your fanbase has nothing to hold onto, besides their 4th or 5th Pre with the messed up keyboard or oreo effect in full effect.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/22/2010 at 09:19 AM.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why do the Pre and Pixi keep getting regurgitated?
    Because they are clogging up the sales channels.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Not only that, the release date is months away. Why announce it now?
    Seems to me that they're announcing it now just for the sake of announcing something. Anything.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Seems to me that they're announcing it now just for the sake of announcing something. Anything.
    FWIW, I believe , ATT customers are more educated customers than the other carriers , thanks to iPhone. They might buy few Pres and help PALM to get thru the quarter to quarter wall street game. They need a simple slate phone with more powerful processor to be back in the game. And for the stock holders sake sell the damn phone in every country , an unlocked one.
  5. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If they don't fix this damn thing by the time sprint gets the iphone (which is soon I guess), I will have my 1st non Palm phone in 5 years
    Just found this article.

5 Things That Could Save Palm - PCWorld
    Idk what everyone's got their panties in a bunch for, my phone still turns on every time (well almost every time) I hit the power button, and it will continue to do so even if palm's doors shut down (which wouldn't even happen until my contract's expired).

Use your phone, live life, don't get caught up in this bs.
    Wired did a similar article. Featured things the phone can do or perhaps, us as consumers can show off. Seems we have forces that want Palm to survive.

Palm Can Still Win: Here Are Five Things They Need To Do | Epicenter | Wired.com

My favorite is showing off as a Tethering device. Especially with Sprint wanting to make The Overdrive an iPhone hotspot. With iPad wifi edition, Palm phone would be great way to help those little guys out.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    FWIW, I believe , ATT customers are more educated customers than the other carriers , thanks to iPhone.
    There is little evidence of that. They pay an average of about $2,000 more for an AT&T family plan over the life of a contract for the "privilege" of using a one-dimensional iphone. A fool and his money soon part.
    Palm can't do anything overnight. Takes awhile to design hardware. It's obvious they intended on going with Plus versions this year.

I'd like to see them merge with HTC. Good for both. Even if the next device doesn't hit til next year.
    The AT&T announcement is good because more carriers with WebOS devices is good. The bad part is that there isn't an announced launch date, just "in the coming months". Why the long wait? Pick a date, say a month from today and get it launched.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ONE THING ONLY: Palm finds out it has a patent on the iPhone OS.
    FWIW, I believe , ATT customers are more educated customers than the other carriers , thanks to iPhone.
    If anything, they are less educated. I have seen my fare share of people rush to the Apple Store (or AT&T) just to buy an iPhone without even glancing at the other phones.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    If I remember correctly, when they announced the Pre Plus at CES in January, they said it was exclusive to Verizon. Something tells me that they have to wait to bring it to AT&T until that exclusiveness has expired. Then again, it is a different phone from the Verizon version since its running on GSM and not on CDMA.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    If anything, they are less educated. I have seen my fare share of people rush to the Apple Store (or AT&T) just to buy an iPhone without even glancing at the other phones.
    Great we need these folks, they must be bored with their iPhone, need a new toy. And BTW it does Voice and Data at the same time.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    another "me too" article. Replace Jon Rubinstein ? Really ? Wow, didn't know that. There would be no WebOS with out Jon and his ex apple team. The article is crappy which is the case with thousands of palm death watch articles. The one good point was , get fresh investment. Yup, palm could use some money. I would say get some private investment, get the stock and company back in a year or so, then go private.
    First, let's be clear: the Pre has only been on the market since June of '09. It was only introduced in January of last year, and that simply isn't the same thing.

Second, I'm actually a little disappointed with this news because of what it does imply about a next-gen device. I can't imagine that AT&T would have gone with the Pre Plus without some assurances that a next-gen device isn't coming within a few months. And so, that doesn't seem to bode well for a new device in the June timeframe.

I would have been happier to see a new device announced for AT&T and then sell like gangbusters, even though I'd never switch over from Sprint. That would at least do more for the webOS platform itself and make my Pre all the more functional. My biggest worry at this point is that major developers (e.g., Dataviz) will continue to ignore webOS and certain apps that I've been waiting for will never be made.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Very interesting but belongs under "Palm General Chat Forum" - not Pre Forum.
    another "me too" article. Replace Jon Rubinstein ? Really ? Wow, didn't know that. There would be no WebOS with out Jon and his ex apple team. The article is crappy which is the case with thousands of palm death watch articles. The one good point was , get fresh investment. Yup, palm could use some money. I would say get some private investment, get the stock and company back in a year or so, then go private.
    In fairness to the article, it didn't say that Ruby should be replaced. It said that Palm needs someone to be the "Steve Jobs" of Palm, specifically someone to be the face of Palm who can sell the vision. That doesn't have to be the CEO.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    There'll be no Palm with Ruby. WebOS or not, he let the bad marketing happen. The Pixi happen.

He says crap like "i've never used an iphone" Obviously, he's never seen a good commercial or business class.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast