Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    lmao things looking dire? palm stock is up 20% today
    wow its up 7 cents because of rumors about a Lenovo TAKEOVER
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    This isn't "old news" ... its "old news getting worse". you can ignore it all you want, but Palm is in dire straights - and their stock price reflects that. ******* can turn a blind eye to it and pretend all is rosy, but Palm is needs a miracle. Their phones are barely selling and they're burning thru all their cash. Doesn't take a financial genius to figure out that they can't go on like that for much longer.
    So if the stock going down represents "dire straights", what does it suddenly rising indicate???

And exactly how does this affect the phone that's in my hands?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So if the stock going down represents "dire straights", what does it suddenly rising indicate???

hmm lets see, loss of support maybe? A defunct OS possibly?
    at least let them put out 1.4.1 on verizon first omg -- you are right though -palm is going away -- better put my pre on craigs list
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Suddenly rising? Are you getting excited about a one day rise? Look at the last 6 months. And no, it doesn't affect my phone. My point here is not about the phone, but the company. It's been on a downward spiral yet people get mad if someone talks about it and then deny that Palm is even in trouble - even when their stock is valued at ZERO.
    I bought my phone last week, regardless. I liked the phone.

I mentioned the Palm issues to the man in the shop and he seemed to dismiss them (and it was in Carphone Warehouse so he had no particular incentive to talk me into buying it).

By the way, I've never had a smartphone before so had no idea how to use it, yet within about 5mins I'd surfed the net, received messages, switched and swiped apps without instructions...easy
    Suddenly rising? Are you getting excited about a one day rise? Look at the last 6 months. And no, it doesn't affect my phone. My point here is not about the phone, but the company. It's been on a downward spiral yet people get mad if someone talks about it and then deny that Palm is even in trouble - even when their stock is valued at ZERO.
    Nope, not excited about the rise, or the "fall". Palm's stock has never been valued at "zero" (stop reading headlines). When it's valued at zero, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to afford it, and I'm buying!

You didn't answer my first question though, would you like me to repeat it?

What does its sudden rise indicate?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Nope, not excited about the rise, or the "fall". Palm's stock has never been valued at "zero" (stop reading headlines). When it's valued at zero, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to afford it, and I'm buying!

You didn't answer my first question though, would you like me to repeat it?

What does its sudden rise indicate?
    "Valuing" it at zero doesn't mean the stock price is 0.00

The rise today doesn't indicate anything more than some investors trying to cash in if there is a takeover. There are always daily rises and falls - look at the overall picture. It's been falling since it hit 18.00
    15% up if you would have bought stock when it was at 3% a week ago... with enough shares you could afford to 800Mhz patch your Pre all day long....
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    at least let them put out 1.4.1 on verizon first omg -- you are right though -palm is going away -- better put my pre on craigs list
    I'll buy it for 20 bucks... you know since Palm is going under if it breaks i won't be able to get it warranted.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Despite all the problems with Palm, i've decided to use my HUG next month on the Bell Palm Pre. Even if they go out of business the phone will still do what i need and worse case scenario is that i have to get a new phone at some point.
    "Valuing" it at zero doesn't mean the stock price is 0.00

The rise today doesn't indicate anything more than some investors trying to cash in if there is a takeover. There are always daily rises and falls - look at the overall picture. It's been falling since it hit 18.00
    How about we take an even broader view. Overall, it's up about 300% over what it was before they introduced the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by andre66 View Post
    Despite all the problems with Palm, i've decided to use my HUG next month on the Bell Palm Pre. Even if they go out of business the phone will still do what i need and worse case scenario is that i have to get a new phone at some point.
    And I see more and more posts similar to this. Add to that, the recent "Smackdown" poll, and things aren't quite as "dire" as some folks are making them out to be.

They may yet go under - but the fact is they've been in much worse shape in the past.
    You're not seriously citing the results of a rigged poll manipulated by people with more time on their hands than things to do with their phone of choice as an indication that things might be turning around for Palm, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You're not seriously citing the results of a rigged poll manipulated by people with more time on their hands than things to do with their phone of choice as an indication that things might be turning around for Palm, are you?
    Not that things are "turning around for Palm", but that Palm users are satisfied with their Pre.

No matter how one chooses to twist that poll, the fact is that "opportunity for rigging" was equal for all users. If Pre users could skew the polls, so could any of the other handsets represented. If the numbers were skewed, who were they skewed by? Disgruntled unsatisfied users? Folks that are so antisocial that they want everyone else to make the same "mistake".

Nope, none of that. No matter the spin put on it, the poll was definitely a clear indicator that Palm users like their devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    I just finished reading this:

businesses-on-the-brink-change-or-fail: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

and to be quite honest I really don't know how to feel. I still don't want to give up on Palm or the Pre, I do think it's an excellent phone but, when Palm can be mentioned in the same breath as Blockbuster, then I start to worry. I woundn't mind it if Motorola buys out Palm but at the same time, would they?Might it be time to abandon ship? I know the new HTC Evo is coming out exclusively for Sprint and it looks super bad-***, has anyone gotten any info on this new smartphone or its release date? How does it compare with the Pre? What do you guys think???
    man pleae they said the same thing about sprint.. that they were gonne be gone by 2010 and look at big yellow still here ready to serve us all EVOs and C40s..
    And I see more and more posts similar to this. Add to that, the recent "Smackdown" poll, and things aren't quite as "dire" as some folks are making them out to be.

They may yet go under - but the fact is they've been in much worse shape in the past.
    ha...internet polls. Wait, you are serious?
    another useless "EVO is Lord" post
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The Mods really need to create another full forum just for this junk.

Ask, and ye shall...

Palm Is Doomed Forum
    If the numbers were skewed, who were they skewed by? Disgruntled unsatisfied users? Folks that are so antisocial that they want everyone else to make the same "mistake".
    People who, for one reason or another, developed an irrational emotional attachment to their mobile phone and exist within vacuum with other equally...focused...people.

I realize how insulting that sounds and it's really not my intention to offend anyone who kept renewing and releasing and renewing IP addresses on their Pres so they could vote multiple times but it's getting kind of scary.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast