1. ejk
    Well, I did it; I lost the stylus to my Treo 180. But before I shell out the $23 for a replacement 3-pack from Handspring, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any third-party stylus replacements for the Treo. I would especially like one that fits in the stylus slot but also has a small ball-point pen. I haven't seen any of these on the internet, but if the 90 and 270 use the same stylus, I figure it's only a matter of time, right?

In the meantime, I'm using a stylus from my old pilot 1000. It fits just fine in the stylus slot, but sticks out of the top quite a bit. But that's fine as it just looks like another antenna next to the real one.
    That's cool - I think I have an extra 3-pack from my Pilot 1000 that I never used. No idea why I even kept it, but good to know they fit in the Treos.
    Originally posted by ejk
    Well, I did it; I lost the stylus to my Treo 180. But before I shell out the $23 for a replacement 3-pack from Handspring, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any third-party stylus replacements for the Treo. I would especially like one that fits in the stylus slot but also has a small ball-point pen. I haven't seen any of these on the internet, but if the 90 and 270 use the same stylus, I figure it's only a matter of time, right?

In the meantime, I'm using a stylus from my old pilot 1000. It fits just fine in the stylus slot, but sticks out of the top quite a bit. But that's fine as it just looks like another antenna next to the real one.
    The stylus from the Visor works great in the Treo but it also gives the your Treo the second antenna look. If you still have the top part of the stylus from your Treo you can screw onto the Visor stylus barrel and the resulting stylus feels better than the original Treo stylus in your hand an sticks out a lot less.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican

The stylus from the Visor works great in the Treo but it also gives the your Treo the second antenna look. If you still have the top part of the stylus from your Treo you can screw onto the Visor stylus barrel and the resulting stylus feels better than the original Treo stylus in your hand an sticks out a lot less.
    In that case, you might be able to substitute it with other Visor styli too... Landware's floatingpoint, for example. A pen/stylus might be harder, though--most of the good ones (IMO, anyway), have a snap-on cap for the top. I'm thinking of the Pentopia Chameleon in particular here.