Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok.. so, I had a little bit of time and I modelled and rendered this concept I have for the Pre 2. (no, this isn't Photoshopped, its really modelled in 3D, textured, lit and rendered - I can even provide a video of it, if I can make a file small enough).

If I get some more time this weekend, I will finish modelling the landscape slide-out keyboard, and put the 3.5mm jack, voulme rocker, on/off switch, ringer/silent switch on the top and side, and show the main camera (yes, there are 2, front and back facing):

Specs for visual design:

• 4.0" diagnal screen
    • 3/4" thick
    • Hi-gloss plastic and brushed (or pewter textured) alumunim in banded design as shown
    • FULL 5 row landscape slide out QWERTY keyboard (thats the bottom black band)
    • Camera #1 on back of LED screen, exposed and ready for use when keyboard is slid out (to protect the lens and LED when not in use)
    • Camera #2 on center/top of keyboard, for taking pictures of/viewing yourself on the screen
    • Keyboard keys are individually replacable; Since everyone has a preference for the size and "feel" of keys, why not make them replacable and make an aftermarket for all types of keys?
    • Micro SD "hot swap" slot, (hopefully, in addition to the 16G+ storage inside the phone)
    • Back cover shown, to indicate NO seams.. whole back place comes off by prying at the edges which are snapped in with a "v" to the unit

**Oh, and because of Verizon's failed "Mom" advertisement for the Pre... I kinda made this more "testosterone-laden" design, so it can compete with the Droid market.

***Added the red plastic for a more fun look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCGuy; 04/02/2010 at 06:16 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Nice!! although I am not sure that I like the color of the case...may wanna make it matte, not so shiny
    great concept....except it is a bit too big, and it should have a vertical keyboard as that is what Palm has always done. Plus I find they are usually easy to type on and better suited for one-handed use (remember, you should always have one hand on the wheel at all times)
    looks too much like an iphone.
    few things a 5 row keyboard means smaller keys.. I would prefer a larger 4 row keyboard..

second: its not 16gig of ram.. The pre plus has 512mb of ram, and the original has half of that.. I'd say a gig would be enough..
    Nice job!

Yes, 1GB of RAM is plenty! But I will take 16GB of ROM!!
    It looks nice.

You could have posted it yesterday and blogged it as the next Palm webOS device,

Palm Post

It does look like an iPhone though.
  8.    #8  
    Nimer;

There's lots of room for large and small size keys.. thats the point of the replacement keys to suit.

Good point about RAM vs storage. Fixed that. It should have 1G RAM, though.. 512meg will not be state of the art next year, as apps start to groo in size and complexity, and multitasking becomes more powerful.

Thanks

Oh, and with the slide out keyboard, it would never be even close to an iPhone look alike)
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I like the screen size and it looks like it would be a solid build and hopefully pass a bounce test!
    Stick w Landscape Keyboard and round off the edges a bit(maybe even have the edges made of a soft material to cushion clumsiness), so it doesn't look like an Iphone clone, and stick with the glossy Black!

Otherwise, good start. Let's hope Palm looks at it for some design ideas.
    Oh yeah, get your copyright done.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryormba21 View Post
    I like the screen size and it looks like it would be a solid build and hopefully pass a bounce test!
    Stick w Landscape Keyboard and round off the edges a bit(maybe even have the edges made of a soft material to cushion clumsiness), so it doesn't look like an Iphone clone, and stick with the glossy Black!

Otherwise, good start. Let's hope Palm looks at it for some design ideas.
    Oh yeah, get your copyright done.
    it would be a design patent not a copyright.
    Nah, not just an IPhone lookalike! The Pre has the perfect form factor for me. Just make the build perfect and give us eternal battery life...
  13.    #13  
    Just fooling around with finishes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i think palm should wait for omap4, scorpion, or something similar before releasing.,.
    Hey i noticed that their is no speaker to hear from, but beautiful nice big screen. is their any way that you could make it curve as you open it, like the pre is now
    You know I'd figure out of the people at Palm, one of them has to thing its a good idea to leak some sort of info, just to make people wonder. I don't know if its a good idea, I don't have a marketing degree.

But I certainly want it too
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    sweet man like the key board and overall look ?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    sweet man like the key board and overall look ?
    thatd be awesome!!!
    Not a bad design. Good idea to locate the front facing camera within the keyboard. But that can not become the Pre2. I don't know what name Palm might choose for a horizontal slider, but Pre is already taken and it is a portrait slider.

BTW, your idea for the keys being replaceable is a fine concept, but would never be considered for a production model. WAY too many possible issues.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast