Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=jpdaballa;2362297][url]

really nice! I think the next will look similar, but keep the skipping stone curvy appearance(hoping) with a 4'' screen and front facing camera as well as an auto focus on the back. Look for their test market devices in south east asia hint hint.
    so Lcguy, have you gotten a chance to do an update???
  3.    #43  
    Menace;

Not yet, but, I will try to find the time this weekend.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I would like the skippy stone look also, but not if it makes it any thicker
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I have Pm the editor of this design and was ok'd to send the design to palm. Hopefully Palm will take a look at this design and make the PC40 a reality.
    Nice concept... Have you ever thought of expanding your large screen with horizontal concept with e-ink or other technology to give the phone a dynamic keyboard that would change depending on the application? Think Samsung Alias 2. (pictures attached). This type of technology would give Palm an advantage... physical keys for gaming!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Sorry, but OP's gesture area is lacking.
  8.    #48  
    Xacto;

Actually, its a little bigger than it is now; what you don't understand is that the phone is a 4" screen so the gesture area "appears" to be smaller, in comparison to the screen...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

9.    #49  
    I had a little time, and was able to put the letters on the keyboard, to show the concept of using a true QWERTY keyboard like we have on our computers.

Note the "shift" function, and "Caps Lock" and "Alt" and "Ctrl" keys.

One other note... this is a 2 camera concept. The main camera (the one you take pictures of others with) is hidden when the keyboard is not exposed to protect it. When you slide out the keyboard, the camera lense is exposed on the back side of the screen module.

PS.. MY renders are exceptionaly sharp, and much larger than posed, and I did the best I could to optimize them prior to uploading, but the pre-Central upload system is over-optimzing them, and the quality and sharpness is lost, so I apologize.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCGuy; 04/25/2010 at 02:03 PM.

LCGuy,

Great render, have you thought of a tilting screen?, I loved that feature back when I had my TP2.
  11.    #51  
    Charles;

I have various iterations of this in my mind.. but 3d modelling, texturing and rendering does require time, and I havent had much lately...

I do agree, though, that having a screen that tilts, or, would have an adjustable tilt, would be pretty darned cool.

Thanks for the comment!

LC when will Palm release your latest Palm version with Landscape kybrd? It looks hot, and it is different than anything out. I'd buy it in a blink.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Ok.. so, I had a little bit of time and I modelled and rendered this concept I have for the Pre 2. (no, this isn't Photoshopped, its really modelled in 3D, textured, lit and rendered - I can even provide a video of it, if I can make a file small enough).

If I get some more time this weekend, I will finish modelling the landscape slide-out keyboard, and put the 3.5mm jack, voulme rocker, on/off switch, ringer/silent switch on the top and side, and show the main camera (yes, there are 2, front and back facing):

Specs for visual design:

• 4.0" diagnal screen
    • 3/4" thick
    • Hi-gloss plastic and brushed (or pewter textured) alumunim in banded design as shown
    • FULL 5 row landscape slide out QWERTY keyboard (thats the bottom black band)
    • Camera #1 on back of LED screen, exposed and ready for use when keyboard is slid out (to protect the lens and LED when not in use)
    • Camera #2 on center/top of keyboard, for taking pictures of/viewing yourself on the screen
    • Keyboard keys are individually replacable; Since everyone has a preference for the size and "feel" of keys, why not make them replacable and make an aftermarket for all types of keys?
    • Micro SD "hot swap" slot, (hopefully, in addition to the 16G+ storage inside the phone)
    • Back cover shown, to indicate NO seams.. whole back place comes off by prying at the edges which are snapped in with a "v" to the unit

**Oh, and because of Verizon's failed "Mom" advertisement for the Pre... I kinda made this more "testosterone-laden" design, so it can compete with the Droid market.

***Added the red plastic for a more fun look.
    hell yea thats what i want know please.
  14.    #54  
    There is an issue regarding the gesture area's use for a landscape sliding keyboard. I don't know if its that intuitive to use when in landscape mode.. but, its at least a thought!

Thanks for the kind comments!

It just like a iPhone-Droid hybrid... for lack of originality i do not like it. Great effort though!

the linked c40 mockup is better i think. It has the "trademark" curved slider design, which is very much like Palm. I always like how it curves, just have to make the phone thinner.
  16.    #56  
    Bulls...

Thanks for commenting.. no criticism is wrong, as I see it.. we all have our own ideas!!!

with a 4" screen, i think it'd be cool to incorporate a kickstand similar to the htc evo 4g for watching movies/skype/etc.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    There is an issue regarding the gesture area's use for a landscape sliding keyboard. I don't know if its that intuitive to use when in landscape mode.. but, its at least a thought!

Thanks for the kind comments!
    The "gesture area" has never been THAT intuitive even with the current phones because it's a part of the plastic shell itself. People don't realize that's an active area.

In my mind the gesture area could simply be a thin metallic bar that runs the length of the phone. The look/thickness of it would be similar to the way the current earpiece looks on the Pre. Technically, it would work similarly to the iPod's wheel but in a linear direction.

Another one of these gesture bars could be fit in just below (or above) the keyboard when it is pulled out.
    I wish the earpiece on the phone instead of being the cheap plastic looking thing it is now, was a peice of perforated aluminum. It would look much nicer.
    Nice Job.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast