Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Colonel;

This needs lots of refinement, but as a concept phone, Id call it a "PreL" (pronounced "preee-ehl").

The rumors from isnide sources (rad the other threads here for them) are that Palm's next device will be a 4" landscape slider - logically, to me, this makes the most sense.. a WebOS side slider is what most bar phones want to be and most current side sliders can never be.

Re: replacable keys... I truly have some unique ideas for how to incorporate them, which will likely reduce construction costs, and create aftermarket revenue ... kinda like apples app store did.

But, I digress...

Thanks everyone for the comments. Its was fun playing. If I get a chance Ill add the speakers, ports, 1st camera, switches, etc..
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

as someone already mentioned, idont see a phone speaker. Also, thereis no space for the gesture area. That is definitely something that should stay in the next generation of hardware.
  3.    #23  
    Spongamabob;

Getsure area is down on the left side. Look for the yellew rectangle.

As mentioned previously, I still have to put a few things in like the 3.5mm jack, ringer switch, volume rocker, speakers, etc...

Thanks for looking.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I love the idea of the tinny gesture area, I mean, only half of it is used on the pre, so why not maximise the real estate into that space...nice looking device in general, but i do have to admit, the angle of those curves looks alot like an iphone.
  5.    #25  
    Phil;

I know about the curves, but, Apple isn't exclusive to using curves for handheld devices.

ok.. here is something I did a while back in SketchUP.. not a curve to be found:

Attached Images Attached Images

That looks nice, I would buy it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    If there was a "Like" button on here, I would click it.
    I think this is what palm needs to make another form factor and throw it on t mobile while they still can not so much competition over there.
    imo I think this a beautiful looking design for a new Palm phone. Yes it resembles the iphone but that will only increase sales vastly. It would grab the iphone audience, and in my opinion win them over having all the specs that a new phone needs. I suggest you submit this info to Palm.com theres a section there to give feeback, let them see this design because honestly Id buy this phone, with no questions asked.
    Totally amazing. I would buy it.
    Did I miss the USB or dock connection? i hope it is placed in a more useful fashion than the one on the Pre.
    :Facepalm:
    my finger is too thick for the gesture area..
    Last edited by tony222; 04/04/2010 at 02:51 AM.
    I think by now the smartphone market is a done deal and Palm lost that battle. The focus now should be on the tablet market. I just picked up an iPad today and, although the device is very nice, it would be much better if it had a more intuitive UI and true multitasking, in other words: WebOS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if I ever get my 3D rendering program on this laptop, I'll post a design...

Quote Originally Posted by tony222 View Post
    my finger is too thick for the gesture area..
    That's what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by gasperis View Post
    I think by now the smartphone market is a done deal and Palm lost that battle. The focus now should be on the tablet market.
    :facepalm:
    palm should have a vote for the next pre design, they should make 10 designs, and then let the ppl who would buy it decide on how it should look!
  17.    #37  
    The gesture area is the exact same height as it is now on the Pre, however it is wider (because its a 4" diagnal display versus the Pre's 3.1"). It only appears to be smaller, because its visually compared to the much larger screen above.

The usb port, 3.5 mm jack, on/off switch, ringer/vibrate switch, speakers have not be modelled yet. If I get a chance, I will add them.

As for the smartphone market and Palm... there is ample opportunity for an innovative device line to take over as a "state of the art" design. Palm and Apple are both in a great position to do so.. Apple, by improving thier iPhone design, and Palm by make a device such as I have designed, or better.

Thanks for looking.

Something I've been thinking lately. If the next pre is a horizontal slider with over a 4" screen, wouldn't it be pretty feasible to stick a small Dpad on the left side?

Gaming on a phone like the pre is a very viable handheld product. Why not take that one small step to make it really shine? Just imagine all those gameloft games with a physical control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadi View Post
    Something I've been thinking lately. If the next pre is a horizontal slider with over a 4" screen, wouldn't it be pretty feasible to stick a small Dpad on the left side?

Gaming on a phone like the pre is a very viable handheld product. Why not take that one small step to make it really shine? Just imagine all those gameloft games with a physical control.
    I would kill for a gaming/smartphone hybrid.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast