1.    #1  
    I'm unable to use the Configure Your Treo program to set up my T270 for wireless access. It keeps telling me it can't read my SIM card -- which is absurd, since my phone is connected at the time. I'm following all the steps carefully, including waiting more than 2 minutes with the Phone app on so it to completely read the SIM card.

This must be why I'm unable to connect via my regular ISP, since I'm not set up for wireless data. Fortunately, I'm able to use Jonecool's terrific settings in this thread: Treo 270 - First Impressions.

I've e-mailed Handspring customer support for assistance. Any ideas to pass the time while I'm waiting?
    the only thing "Configure your Treo" does is set up wireless settings, just like you've already done manually with JoneCool's help, and install the OneTouch mail program. It's really just a wizard for people who are afraid of the preferences screens. ;-) If you need to install OneTouchMail, just go to the One-Touch Mail folder in your Palm (or Handspring) folder, and it should be there. The Palm Mail stuff also has folders in there.

Once you're setup to connect to an ISP, and have the mail program installed that you want, there's no need to run the Configure your Treo program.

-Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I discovered that myself when I was able run Configure Your Treo from another computer. In the meantime, I'm having strange and inconsistent results going online. Sometimes I'm able to log on through JoneCool's Voicestream settings, and sometimes through my Verizon DSL account, but neither one consistently. Sometimes I can log onto my e-mail accounts and sometimes I can't. I guess it will take time for all this to work itself out.
    Originally posted by rosswords
    <SNIP>... Sometimes I'm able to log on through JoneCool's Voicestream settings, and sometimes through my Verizon DSL account, but neither one consistently. Sometimes I can log onto my e-mail accounts and sometimes I can't. I guess it will take time for all this to work itself out.
    Try the previous network connect information but going through another number of "12034349933". I've had better luck with the number in the original post (works 5 times out of 6 without timing out) but you may have better results with the above number.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here