1.    #1  
    What can I say? By the time I finished transferring all my data from my VDX to my Treo 270 this afternoon, it was time to head out to the Diamondbacks game -- a long-awaited reprise of last year's Series. And I couldn't very well leave my new T270 behind! I'd like to think I was the first person ever to bring a T270 to the Stadium, unless Mossberg or someone else with a preview copy beat me to it. For sure, I was the first person who paid for a T270 to bring it there!

When I first opened it up at the Stadium, I was astonished at how washed-out the screen looked. I'd previously only seen it indoors -- where it looked fabulous to this old VDX user. I'm still not sure how much of this was due to being outdoors, and how much was due to the bright Stadium lights shining down on me in the Upper Deck. But after the sun went down, it was somewhat brighter, even under the lights.

Cellphone connectivity was great from the Stadium. It turns out that the speakerphone is a great way to carry on a conversation over the crowd noise -- although even that wasn't loud enough while the grounds crew was dancing to YMCA at full blast. The SMS worked well, too, and I even managed to send an SMS to my son's cellphone when he went to the bathroom. I surprised him with a message as he was standing at the urinal; timing is everything in life, I guess.

I was surprised that my Treo didn't attract too much attention in the stands. It got a lot of curious looks on the D train, though.

At one point, a fly ball headed straight toward me as i was using the Treo! With the Treo in one hand and the stylus in the other, I had to make a snap judgment. Drop the T270 and go for the ball, or hang onto the Treo and miss a once-in-a-lifetime chance to catch a foul at Yankee Stadium? (I've been going to games for 40 years and haven't caught a foul yet.) Fortunately, the ball didn't come that close, and I didn't have to decide. Whew.

All in all, I have to say that my first impressions of the T270 are terrific. but I can't wait for GPRS and a faster e-mail and Web connection.

Oh, yes. The Yanks won, 6-4.
    Last week I was in enemy teritory (<---see avatar) and was sitting in the visiting teams (orioles) wives section (good seats). I had the prism and visor phone. I could call out, but could not connect to my ISP to see hot the Mets were doing.

Did you connect to an ISP?

Once I got outside the stadium (a couple blocks away) I was able to check my mail. Weird.

Yes the yankees won that one too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Did you connect to an ISP?
    Actually, I didn't get a chance to set it up for wireless data until after the game. But as long as the cellphone was working, there's no reason why you couldn't connect to an ISP.
    Actually, I didn't get a chance to set it up for wireless data until after the game. But as long as the cellphone was working, there's no reason why you couldn't connect to an ISP.
    That's one of the funnier things I've read on this board. Enjoy your journey of self-discovery as you set up data on your Treo...

(I do love the 270 though)
  5.    #5  
    Point well taken. But when I followed Jonecool's settings on Treo 270 - First Impressions, I got online right away. (I'd alreadya been through the setup wars with my Visorphone.) It's only now, the next day, that I'm having trouble.