Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My question regarding Rim and Palm would be HOW they would integrate their OS's. Would you start with WebOS and add in all the Rim functions or would you try to rip out the WebOS and jam it into RIm's OS? Hardware is just hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    It would take Rim 8 years to integrate web os(if they choose to use it). They still haven't gotten a good browser on their phones. Its freaking 2010.
    RIM really needs WebOS. I wouldn't mind too much if Palm merged with them. All the other potential buyout/merge options would just kill WebOS and harvest it's functionality and patents. RIM needs a fresh new operating system to keep up in the smartphone world.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    My question regarding Rim and Palm would be HOW they would integrate their OS's. Would you start with WebOS and add in all the Rim functions or would you try to rip out the WebOS and jam it into RIm's OS? Hardware is just hardware.
    I would think it would be much easier to start with WebOS and add RIM features and functions. However, I don't see them completely kiling off their current OS because so many business users already use it and are comfortable with it. All Palm needs really is RIM's funding and support to continue WebOS development.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    "Ah yes. Send it to the presses: 'Why Palm’s Headed for a Buyout — by RIM'. Ah yes I can feel the advertisement revenue coming in already."

I honestly do hate Fox news.
    Wait, did you make up a fake scenario then use that as justification for hating an organization?

And just FYI, that headline you quoted was actually a New York Times article. You know them, the liberal media company that "invent a provocative headline and back it up with more **** that we made up."
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    When will the Fox haters get over themselves....folks on the left constantly argued about freedom of speech, press, etc. during Bush 8yrs. If they dont like whats being said their next move seems to silence any and all opposition by gaining control of govt and always playing to emotions and other bs....

I was just giving you my source, not attempting to debate Fox vs MSNBC, CNN or however you get your news....
    I just want to point out, that Fox News does the same thing. In the Bush years, they were strongly against anyone who called Bush a **** or slandered him in anyway. Now they seem to encourage people to do that to Obama. All I am saying is that Fox News has a bias, just like MSNBC has a bias. Good or bad, it is just a fact of the matter.

The problem is, on both sides, is that very few people seem to understand that there is a bias on both of those networks.

/political news frustration

Sry for going off topic...
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Wow, it's enough that we have to deal with the political bull**** that comes in from the off-topic forum onto the "today's posts" feed and now it's leaking onto the general Pre forum?

Stay on topic, people.
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Wow, it's enough that we have to deal with the political bull**** that comes in from the off-topic forum onto the "today's posts" feed and now it's leaking onto the general Pre forum?

Stay on topic, people.
    Speaking of staying on topic, how about if folks use some commen sense and post topics in the correct forum - that would be a good start!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12