Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Apparently, most of you were not around for the insanity caused by Sprint reps between the announcement of the Pre and June 09. I guess it's time for silly season again.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    *cue the circus music*
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    screw circus music. Play some heavy metal!!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Not so customary as you may think. I think its more customary to pass info that has already been leaked (probably on purpose, as in some Apple cases). Apple likes to control info, and they do so buy 'leaking' to major outlets, not through an AT&T rep.
    I know it's not customary to do it on every phone, probably not even 10 phones released in a year, but Palm doesn't have the finger length other companies do so why not leak to the sellers.

I wouldn't mind a D-Pad and landscape keyboard. I miss my Rumors keyboard actually. But I'd only use the D-Pad only for games like Earthworm Jim and Assassin's Creed. Right now only the tilt flying games are pick up and go games that let my ignore the interface. On screen d-pads and buttons have me constantly making sure my fingers are hitting just the right spot. I can't think of any app that would benefit from having a d-pad/directional mouse that isn't a game. Ok, maybe some browser and flash stuff, but nothing in the way of apps in the catalog. Larger buttons on a landscape keyboard would make WASD controls easier if configured squarely... now I'm just blathering...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    This is from the sprint community forum from "Jackson". For those of you who follow the sprint community forums, this guy is a VERY reliable source of information as he has nailed practically all device details months in advance. Yeah yeah grain of salt - but here it is..the C40:

By the end of the year their will be a total of 10 devices supporting 4G on sprint, with the Evo being the obvious flagship, and yess folks I do mean that. Nothing is going to be able to compare to this phone. However those of you that prefer webOS over Android, the palm c40 will be a wimax device. Also the LG ls680 will be the first wimax android phone with a keyboard. the C40 will have one but again that will be webos. There is also supposed to be a hot device from motorola. Not sure what it is, but to me (this is speculation) it could very be the motorola shadow aka the Nexus Two. This would make sense for the next google phone because it could make great use of the highspeeds on WiMAX. Keep ya'll posted tho! What a great time it is to be Sprint subscribers!!!

Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    This is from the sprint community forum from "Jackson". For those of you who follow the sprint community forums, this guy is a VERY reliable source of information as he has nailed practically all device details months in advance. Yeah yeah grain of salt - but here it is..the C40:

By the end of the year their will be a total of 10 devices supporting 4G on sprint, with the Evo being the obvious flagship, and yess folks I do mean that. Nothing is going to be able to compare to this phone. However those of you that prefer webOS over Android, the palm c40 will be a wimax device. Also the LG ls680 will be the first wimax android phone with a keyboard. the C40 will have one but again that will be webos. There is also supposed to be a hot device from motorola. Not sure what it is, but to me (this is speculation) it could very be the motorola shadow aka the Nexus Two. This would make sense for the next google phone because it could make great use of the highspeeds on WiMAX. Keep ya'll posted tho! What a great time it is to be Sprint subscribers!!!

Jackson
    Care to share the link?
    It's on this forum: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/android_phones/evo_4g?view=discussions&start=0
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post

Jackson
    so the employee was right when he said this is only the beginning of a onslaught of 4g devices..
    I believe him...maybe his cousin is a higher rank sprint regional manager..lol I'm going to wait on the webOS device..imma trust palm. I think palm should have both physical and virtual keyboard...why not..landscape slider keyboard for web browsing and 3d gaming, virtual keyboard for portrait..maybe an on and off switch for landscape virtual keyboard option
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    since he said slab with a keyboard i think he meant a bar phone like this big pixi..
    [url= Palm webOS device according to WSJ source coming this year, C40? | PalmNewsDaily.com[/url]
    oh god I hope not!! Palm's keyboard situation is a sticky one because they've promised to have one... the pixi approach makes the phone wierdly tall, the pre approach is a hassle to many, the lanscape approach would require a reworking for all apps designed vertically and would nix the 'one hand' idea.

I really think the general public prefers landscape or vk only at the moment.
    Palm seems to have went to a lot of pains to avoid fragmentation. I can not see a WebOS "H" version for the horizontal kb, and then a normal version for all other hardware. Isn't logical.

As far as a slab? Don't we already have a slab if a virtual kb was added to the OS? They need to make a high end larger Pre. 4" screen, and then have a manual lock for the kb. If the lock is engaged the phone becomes a full slab, if not it retains the Pre format. Kill two birds with one "stone" (sorry for the pun!). Btw, the lock would eliminate any slider "oreo" effect if engaged, but the slider should be improved.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.
    well he may be right look at this report as well as rumors from a palm internal stated a 4G pre coming to sprint the second half of this year.

Does Palm Pre use Sprint 4G? - iCellPhoneDeals.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123