Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It sounds like the Sprint rep was referencing the WSJ source and mockup pics. If any Sprint rep knows anything, it would probably be one closer to Sunnyvale, CA.

An iPhone-sized Pixi-like device isnt too bad for me. That would hopefully allow for a bigger battery, better hardware quality, and the better keyboard that everyone seems to like from the Pixi. It would be awkward to hold horizontally, though, which would hurt gaming and landscape typing. with the virtual keyboard.

But we know that Palm is NOT going to do a slab without a hardware keyboard...thats not their DNA. And I am cut from the same cloth, so I like it. I'd still probably prefer an Evo-like device with a vertical slider.
    me personally i dont want a big pixi,,,,why4" screen with a none sliding keyboard are you serious....do you know how huge it will be!!!,,,,,just a show of hands 4"+ still have the Vsliding keyboard but better forget the curve slider just a regular one,,,,,,thats what i want,,,,PALM PRE BUT BIGGER!!!!! WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!?
    the more 3d games i buy, the more I need a D-pad.

No slabs PLEASE!!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Having worked for Sprint.

One - He may be telling the truth. Yes, Sprint does not usually let us know what devices are coming out any sooner than engadget knows BUT! our Area reps do. I dont know if Sprint tells them but they do know people higher in the ranks and a lot of times my area rep would come and tell us about new devices coming out.

Second - I dont believe it til I see it and even then I dont think it will be better than the Evo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    Having worked for Sprint.

One - He may be telling the truth. Yes, Sprint does not usually let us know what devices are coming out any sooner than engadget knows BUT! our Area reps do. I dont know if Sprint tells them but they do know people higher in the ranks and a lot of times my area rep would come and tell us about new devices coming out.

Second - I dont believe it til I see it and even then I dont think it will be better than the Evo!!
    Does area reps service accounts and take payments? And would an area rep just mouth-off to a customer regarding a presumably secret, not-yet-public device? Doesnt sound feasible to me...

Sounds like the rep just read the WSJ article and is referencing that.
    I have a friend here in KC that works on the servers for sprint (and has knowledge of the phones that are running on the network). I was asking him about when 4g coverage was coming to KC and he said early 3Q and that the Evo would be out either June or July. He knows I have a Pre and said that there is a new Palm device floating around the Sprint Campus as well as a few other Android ones (specifically mentioned upgraded Hero and Moment but didn't know what they would be called when released). He said they are all under pretty tight control right control right now but he would get me details as soon as he could. He also made it sound like the Evo would be available to Sprint employee's either at launch or a few day's after, which is out of the norm for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Does area reps service accounts and take payments? And would an area rep just mouth-off to a customer regarding a presumably secret, not-yet-public device? Doesnt sound feasible to me...

He told us. The Sales and Technical consultants. Not the customers.
    That huge mockup of the Pixi looks terrible. That's FAIL waiting to happen. No sex appeal whatsoever! No it factor. I'm glad that it's just a mockup. lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post

It's customary to leak something to keep customer interest (see every Apple release since the iPod). The perception is that a little info will keep your customer interested in the products you're releasing and encourage them to hold out for that device (they think) they want.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I think it is totally possible that there might be one rep at Sprint that might know something.

And I think it's a given that Palm is working on something new.

Personally I like the Pre form factor. But it would make sense for them to do a larger phone with a keyboard. They should only get rid of the keyboard if they can make a software keyboard that rivals Android or the iPhone. If they can't, they shouldn't bother.
    its probably same the guy who told me that the Diamond 2 is coming to Sprint and that the Touch Pro 2 would get an official Android ROM where you choose if you want WM or Android.....

LMAO

..... I wish it was true but doubt HIGHLY what it will top the EVO4G as much as i really want WebOS to win this battle
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    He told us. The Sales and Technical consultants. Not the customers.
    Right...but my point is that is more likely that the salesperson repeated information obtained from the article than risk passing info from their Area Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    It's customary to leak something to keep customer interest (see every Apple release since the iPod). The perception is that a little info will keep your customer interested in the products you're releasing and encourage them to hold out for that device (they think) they want.
    Not so customary as you may think. I think its more customary to pass info that has already been leaked (probably on purpose, as in some Apple cases). Apple likes to control info, and they do so buy 'leaking' to major outlets, not through an AT&T rep.
    I HATE side keyboards...with a passion!

if Palm ever goes this route, I will go to the darkside and go iPhone.

honestly though: Palm has it's reputation on a one-handed device, I doubt they will ever go side keyboard (which is a GOOD thing)
    As much as giant Pixi appeals to my physical-keyboard preference, I'm not sure it'd be worth having to keep the screen on the small side. Supersizing that Pixi screen won't make it much bigger than the Pre's, I'd think.
    IMHO the CLIQ's keyboard is the best layout for a uprising gaming platform like webOS (with a good d-pad on the left and not the right like the rest)

Gimme that keyboard in a 3.5in screen, pre-shaped body, snapdragon and webOS and you got a deal

http://storage0.dms.go4it.ro/media/2...amp;height=344
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Behold, the Pre2.
    I know, rough 'shop job.
    The idea is a side-slider, bigger screen, d-pad, and all the killer snapdragon 4g stuff.
    nothing personal, but ...ug!

i wouldn't go near that thing.
    I'm not changing my cute palm pre,for a large pixie phone.they have to make a phone as small,cute,sliding keyboard and a slightly bigger screen. Love this phone to death.
    personally, I wish that palm would come out with a superphone just like the evo in specs at least, but I would really love a pre 2. Same size, maybe slightly bigger, voice activation, better browser, 1ghz prossesor, more ram, micro sd. Also visual voice mail, and a different finish(like metal instead of plastic body). I also think that it should be 4g with voice and data at the same time and also maybe front facing camera for a video call app. I also believe palm has to fine tune the os and have a desktop sync software for contacts and media like movies, games, music. Also a music and media store like itunes or at least a program linked to stores like amazon, netflix, ect.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Please NO DPad on a Palm Pre...that screams teenage boy (no offense to anyone)
    I hope its true... I'm getting a serious itch for a new phone and I'd REALLY like Palm and WebOS to be the platform to scratch it for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast