Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    No one has really mentioned non-tech companies really.
    So I'm throwing this out there:

A car company should buy Palm/WebOS.

Example: GM maybe for example, they can incorporate WebOS in the car to rival Microsoft's in-car OS. the Multitasking would be incredible, i.e. google maps type of navi on steroids (like android), music, video, surfing (with a GSM/CDMA chip in the system for Inet access).

yay? nay?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    No one has really mentioned non-tech companies really.
    So I'm throwing this out there:

A car company should buy Palm/WebOS.

Example: GM maybe for example, they can incorporate WebOS in the car to rival Microsoft's in-car OS. the Multitasking would be incredible, i.e. google maps type of navi on steroids (like android), music, video, surfing (with a GSM/CDMA chip in the system for Inet access).

yay? nay?
    This does not sound safe at all. talking and driving is bad enough, even worse is texting and driving.

the fewer distractions the better, drive responsibly....

-Lucas
    Firefighter/EMT

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    nay
    No, a car company would just kill Palm, there is no benefit on either end as a car doesn't need a mobile phone any more than it needs the navigation system, it's a partnership but not an ownership. Palm would become simply a car technology company and it'd be so-long to webOS and all their innovation.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    OK, rephrasing... video meaning for passengers not drivers, and secondly, how about licensing WebOS. better to still see WebOS alive than possibly gone forever. I'm saying if Palm were to fold, or close up shop but still exist technically speaking with patents and SW licensing, using it in a vehicle may be a good option.
    not bad but maybe when the car is not moving like the microsoft sync or something.
    For thinking out of the box I'll give you an B, but inside a car is too simple an operation to require a whole OS, mobile or otherwise.
    great GM sells off their appliance line, their aerospace line, their Dish Network can't even keep car divisions running and they are going to jump into phones? No we need like nintendo or someone with a clue. I like GM, (ford better) but I don't want a Palm Pre Pre Cimmeron or an Pre Aztek coming out.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 03/24/2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: punc.
    Random thought: what if Sony Ericsson bought Palm/webOS and used it to make the PSP phone?

This isn't any idea I care about. Just thinking.