Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21  
    The Pre already is the perfect size and form factor for me. I'm simply hoping for an update. If the Pre Plus is all I get I'll take it, but I'm hoping for more. I simply want a MicroSD slot and a macro (close up) function on the camera. Then, after the obligatory spec bump, everything else is gravy.
  2. LAhanger's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #22  
    I want new hardware too. I do like the sleekness of the Pre, but I need a bigger screen just to see things (it's called being over 45, people). The fact that many like the Pre as-is is great for Palm, but I imagine there are just as many of us that love webOS, yet yearn for a bigger, sexier device like the new EVO 4G but with webOS running it.

    People are restless, and I don't think this one device (I'm not even counting the joke that is the Pixi) is going to save the company. Not with the geniuses that have been running the advertising anyway.
  3. #23  
    htc really need to make palms hardware. Evo on webos wow
  4. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #24  
    I'm wondering if HP/Palm released new hardware only with the same webOS, would it be enough to compete with the newer Evo's, epic's, iphone's?
  5. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #25  
    too bad there will be no new hardware coming out. The writing is on the wall, HP wants webOS for tablets and printers. If there was a new phone coming out in the near future it would've been leaked.....but there isn't.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    too bad there will be no new hardware coming out. The writing is on the wall, HP wants webOS for tablets and printers. If there was a new phone coming out in the near future it would've been leaked.....but there isn't.
    Because you would know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    The Pre already is the perfect size and form factor for me. I'm simply hoping for an update. If the Pre Plus is all I get I'll take it, but I'm hoping for more. I simply want a MicroSD slot and a macro (close up) function on the camera. Then, after the obligatory spec bump, everything else is gravy.
    I agree. Now if HP is holding back until the TI OMAP4 is available for the next phone, it will be well worth the wait.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Because you would know.
    +1
    thank you.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I agree. Now if HP is holding back until the TI OMAP4 is available for the next phone, it will be well worth the wait.
    +1
    delayed gratification. Character and the foresight needed.

    instant gratification. A credit/ debit card
  10. #30  
    I'd rather wait another 6 months and have a killer device that is high-end and sturdy than pressure Palm into releasing a half finished, rushed-to-market phone.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'd rather wait another 6 months and have a killer device that is high-end and sturdy than pressure Palm into releasing a half finished, rushed-to-market phone.
    I agree, I would rather wait awhile longer and let HP/Palm do it right, thoroughly testing a state of art device that will stay current with the devices being released by Apple, HTC and Samsung. For sure I feel they should wait until the Omap 4 processor is available which is rumored to be sometime in the 4th quarter of this year. My Pre works great and I really don't mind waiting.
  12. #32  
    I think they are waiting on the omap4 also, and my pre is just fine, so I can wait.... Wait what did I say? I'm patient? Omg
  13. #33  
    i sooooo agree. IF it isnt just perfect everyone will be whining as they are now because they dont have a new device. HPalm cant win. if they rush it and it is wrong, everyone with *****, if they wait till everything is as perfect as they can get it, everyone will ***** because it is taking so long. Europe has already gotten the update already because they are just HAPPY to get an update. they will use them as a test market. they dont whine like we do
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I'd rather wait another 6 months and have a killer device that is high-end and sturdy than pressure Palm into releasing a half finished, rushed-to-market phone.
    Well it wouldn't be Palm's first time. Are you aware the next-generation Android's been leaked already? It's due out in early 2011, has a 1.2 GHz processor, and combo CDMA and GSM. I wonder Why there's just nothing about a future WebOS phone yet? It's almost as if there's no plans for a new one.
  15. #35  
    Im very satisfied with the palm pre but i think that the pre would beat the iphone if it were to do a landscape keyboard, bigger screen but not as big as the evo, and make a better resolution screen . This would make the pre irresistable!
  16. #36  
    palm has always been tight lipped and has a well sealed ship. While it would be great for a leak, those are not good for the company. When was the pre first leaked? Silence just proves palms engineers are not stupid enough to leave the device at the bar.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    palm has always been tight lipped and has a well sealed ship. While it would be great for a leak, those are not good for the company. When was the pre first leaked? Silence just proves palms engineers are not stupid enough to leave the device at the bar.
    burn!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Well it wouldn't be Palm's first time. Are you aware the next-generation Android's been leaked already? It's due out in early 2011, has a 1.2 GHz processor, and combo CDMA and GSM. I wonder Why there's just nothing about a future WebOS phone yet? It's almost as if there's no plans for a new one.
    yeah, they should announce the device specs ahead of time to give their competitors 5-6 months to make sure that their new devices have more flash storage, ram, etc. Just like last time. Bring back the creepy chick commercials too. I kinda miss her.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    palm has always been tight lipped and has a well sealed ship. While it would be great for a leak, those are not good for the company. When was the pre first leaked? Silence just proves palms engineers are not stupid enough to leave the device at the bar.
    Yeah, HP sure wouldn't want a leak about a new device to cause any buzz out there in the community - besides, a leak about a future phone might slow down sales of their current devices. Ha ha ha!!!!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    yeah, they should announce the device specs ahead of time to give their competitors 5-6 months to make sure that their new devices have more flash storage, ram, etc. Just like last time. Bring back the creepy chick commercials too. I kinda miss her.
    You make it sound like HP(Palm) is leading the innovation of handheld devices. News flash: They're not. HP(Palm) only wishes they could lead in hardware specs, like the Android ones already coming out for next year.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions