Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HTC EVO is the first runner now on Sprint.. the competition is on a 4G device now, not a better Pre
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My God I just saw the specs for the Evo and right now I have to say that I will be an android user by sept. I hope Palm comes out with a killer device soon. 4G is so attractive esp since I live in one of the few markets that will have it this year. I love WebOS but damn that Evo is amazing.
    +1

In mass consumerism, even if things aren't practical, they want more anyway.

12 MP vs 6MP camera, who cares if the 6MP is better. All I know if its 12MP must take sparklingly clearer pictures than the 6...duh
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Sprint and HTC Reveal the EVO 4G Android Smartphone - PCWorld
    the new Sense UI offers some useful new functions for easy navigation including a new feature called Leap. Essentially, Leap is an elegant way of handling multitasking; it's actually a bit reminiscent of Palm's webOS deck of cards visualization. Pinch anywhere on the homescreen, and you'll jump to seven thumbnail versions of your open pages. From there, you can go to any of those open applications or close out of one.
    Wow - I'd kill for WebOS on a EVO.

Still rooting for your palm but this is gonna hurt. These are the specs that would've propelled the next Pre to where it should be.
    It aint the 4G. That thing just looks like a pure sex device with media capabilities out the wazoo, and a 4G mobile hotspot that is just going to seal the deal.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Front facing camera as well, they just put everything into this phone. I'm really amazed right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    the new Sense UI offers some useful new functions for easy navigation including a new feature called Leap. Essentially, Leap is an elegant way of handling multitasking; it's actually a bit reminiscent of Palm's webOS deck of cards visualization. Pinch anywhere on the homescreen, and you'll jump to seven thumbnail versions of your open pages. From there, you can go to any of those open applications or close out of one.
    Is that open pages as in widget pages? Because 2.1 has a feature like that by default, but only for the widgets.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    it also depends if 4G costs extra. i just hope not
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Even without the 4g that's a monster of a phone.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    leap isn't multitasking it lets you jump from one panel of the home screen to another. this isn't include apps.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    American's 1st 4G Phone, Coming to Sprint dubbed HTC EVO 4G

all the specs are sickening. palm is done.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    For Palm's sake, I sure hope they have an answer to the EVO 4G. It looks really good on paper. Front facing camera is cool!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    leap isn't multitasking it lets you jump from one panel of the home screen to another. this isn't include apps.
    android already has multitasking. this just makes it look better while doing so
    im sure palm will beat this..
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    Except nobody knows if "Leap" is referring to switching between screens of widgets or full applications. Until we have word of that, I'd take that with a grain of salt.
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing. As much as I really like my Pre, there will be an Evo in my pocket come summer. (okay, one of my bigger pockets)
    I hate to say it but, for the first time I'm beginning to wonder if a company as small as Palm can keep up in this market. The Evo appears to be head and shoulders above the Nexus, released just a couple of months ago.
    We here at Precentral believe that WebOS is a superior platform but it isn't always the the superior product that wins, unfortunately. Remember Betamax? It was easily the superior product, but because VHS had more and better backing, VHS won out.
    Same thing here. It's a shame.
    The good thing is Palm has several months to get something together. and if they didn't think they needed updated hardware before, hopefully it's crystal clear to them now.

I can pretty much guarantee I'll be buying a EVO to "try out" unless it's priced upwards of $1000 and they jack up the price of the plans (I'd rather keep my 3G service and plan).
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    I understand that but leap still doesn't have anything to do with running apps. Leap lets u switch between homescreens not apps.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    As we sit right now, we may be looking at the first actual iPhone killer. What a phone.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast