Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd rather have the great OS too.

So nobody cares about the battery, the keyboard which will suck balls probably, the fact that most places can't get 4G, and once they can, nobody knows how well it will work at all?(4G)
    How about the fact that once you get over a certain megapixel, it isn't going to give you a clearer picture, you can just make it blow up more.

Oh man, 2 cameras!!!!!
    WGAF????

The price? - Nobody knows it yet!!!!

Or how about this....
    the sorry *** Sprint network.
    I think some of you people would buy it if it was on T-Mobile!!!

I guess this is a "tech type forum", but dang!!!!!!

all of the " oh yeah baby, I'll have one of those in my pocket" - its kind of sickening to hear it.

Dont you people sign contracts with companies and keep the phone for 2 years?

I think it really doesn't matter, becasue youre the same people that probably were on the Crackberry page last year trying to **** off all of your "then" fellow BB users by saying:

"oh baby, I just creamed myself over that Palm Pre, look at that thing, 16 gigs, goodbye Blackberry, Palm is back in a BIG WAY, I'll have one of those in pocket on release day"

You probably changed your Crackberry.com avatar to a picture of the Palm Pixi becasue it was the only picture you could find at the time.

Go Palm.
    F u c k a droid.
    I would get an Android over a WebOS if it had any decent 3d games. From what I can tell Android games are just like Win Mobile games, they look like crap... total waste of cpu/gpu/gorgeous screen. We will be able to play the same quality games on the Pre once Adobe releases Flash. If you think 3d games on phones don't matter well you should ask Sony how do they feel about a phone/mp3 player is kicking the crap out of their Game/Multimedia portable.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    People buy slates and Palm needs phones that people actually buy.

Imagine a rock-solid pre (with pixi keyboard) and a high-end Palm slate device released right before WebOS gaming was unveiled. I'd wager things would be very different right now.

You know what? Palm could start selling cabbage as a side business and if they sold enough to stay active, I'd keep buying Palm devices.
    And the R&D money is going to come from... where exactly? They don't have enough money to sell another phone. They had better hope that the ad money comes from the carriers if they can produce another model before the Pre becomes the Palm Penultimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    1. are you serious a physical keyboard on a 4.3" screen, get a life
    2. yes webos is great but with this hardware it doesn't matter and after u use android for a couple of weeks you will change your mind
    I do not like typing on a flat glass panel. I like the feel and feedback of keys and thank you I alread have a life! LOL!

Also the Andriod software has been so customized and fractured by so many different companies, that I find it a bit overwhelming. I think webOS is more intutive and a cleaner look to it!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I do not like typing on a flat glass panel. I like the feel and feedback of keys and thank you I alread have a life! LOL!

Also the Andriod software has been so customized and fractured by so many different companies, that I find it a bit overwhelming. I think webOS is more intutive and a cleaner look to it!
    Remember guys, people like the Hardware better then the Software, I personally like the inside of a device, the thing that actually runs the device.

i'm sticking with WebOs!
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    My God I just saw the specs for the Evo and right now I have to say that I will be an android user by sept. I hope Palm comes out with a killer device soon. 4G is so attractive esp since I live in one of the few markets that will have it this year. I love WebOS but damn that Evo is amazing.
    I to am switching although I do love my Pre.

Also, I have heard rumors that Palm is going to Android OS and abandoning WebOS as it didn't take off like it was supposed to. I hope that's not the case because WebOS has a lot of potential. It just needs to be on an EVO 4G type phone (in terms of hardware specs).

Poor marketing = Bad. Palm should have done more marketing.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    I'm glad this evo phone is going to come out cause it will motivate other makers to either match or exceed them spec's. kinda like when the first i phone was out, ever since that point other phone makers raised there game up. I hope palm feel the same way. Another reason why palm should leave hardware building to htc like they did in the past.
    First I need to say....I love my PRE, although not at this moment, because my screen is cracked and I cant get to certain features. Need to get to a store and get it replaced.

BUT, I have always loved HTC phones, but hated Winmo....the EVO is a dream for me. The Specs, the hardware, its all there....SD card slot is huge to me. And living near Philly I am in a 4G market.

Sorry, but I have to get this phone, but I will be keeping my PRE on my other line. I hope Palm finds a way to upgrade the hardware for Sprint.....its sucks knowing that the Plus's are running great, but Sprint doesnt have them.

It would take a huge shock from Palm for me to change my mind.
    It's either the EVO or a WM7 Phone, Palm just can't get it together, My pre is still resetting daily...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    I'd rather have the great OS too.

So nobody cares about the battery, the keyboard which will suck balls probably, the fact that most places can't get 4G, and once they can, nobody knows how well it will work at all?(4G)
    How about the fact that once you get over a certain megapixel, it isn't going to give you a clearer picture, you can just make it blow up more.

Oh man, 2 cameras!!!!!
    WGAF????

The price? - Nobody knows it yet!!!!

Or how about this....
    the sorry *** Sprint network.
    I think some of you people would buy it if it was on T-Mobile!!!

I guess this is a "tech type forum", but dang!!!!!!

all of the " oh yeah baby, I'll have one of those in my pocket" - its kind of sickening to hear it.

Dont you people sign contracts with companies and keep the phone for 2 years?

I think it really doesn't matter, becasue youre the same people that probably were on the Crackberry page last year trying to **** off all of your "then" fellow BB users by saying:

"oh baby, I just creamed myself over that Palm Pre, look at that thing, 16 gigs, goodbye Blackberry, Palm is back in a BIG WAY, I'll have one of those in pocket on release day"

You probably changed your Crackberry.com avatar to a picture of the Palm Pixi becasue it was the only picture you could find at the time.

Go Palm.
    F u c k a droid.
    What is up with you?
    1500mAH battery is good enough to last a day, depending on how much power that phone uses.

No hardware keyboard, but 4.3 touch display.
    And what's wrong with Sprint? It's the best carrier out. It was just missing good phones, and it has a great flagship now.
    I mean... low prices, great coverage, fast 3g, recently much better customer service, what else do you want?

The rest of your post I don't understand.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    Well, the HTC EVO is indeed a nice phone. At the same time, though, it isn't so much of a design achievement, as it is basically a standard rectangle/slab phone with the latest hardware upgrades. Things like the hdmi port and front-facing camera are neat but, still, there's no real newness here, aside for higher numbers on the spec sheet.

That said, this still looks like a great phone. Although it's nothing more than the sum of its parts, those parts are so top-drawer that that sum is still quite impressive. A phone like this would remove the need to carry a camera, or a camcorder, or an mp3 player. With a folding keyboard, it could serve nicely as a netbook replacement for light tasks.

It's such a potentially useful phone that one might have to buy it. Still, it has no real personality, and I hate the idea of being forced to either Google-ize or Appleize my life (I don't need my life indexed by Google, or to be locked in to a World of Steve Jobs approved products). So, here's hoping that Palm's newest phones will also take advantage of the latest technology, and that they will continue to offer a distinctive design philosophy, and an option that allows its users to avoid becoming the minions of the corporate super-behemoths.

Im very much with you on this, i hate the constraints of apple, hate having to use google calendars because i prefer yahoo for email and calendars. I love webos, i hate the form factor of the pre, it feels cheap and sometimes runs like its cheap, i want a phone that feels like quality not like a plastic rock, this phone is impressive and definitely has me wondering if I'll make the switch, im a sprint premier customer so its definitely enticing, just not sure about android, palm is going to have to come out with a beast of a phone to compete imo.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I to am switching although I do love my Pre.

Also, I have heard rumors that Palm is going to Android OS and abandoning WebOS as it didn't take off like it was supposed to. I hope that's not the case because WebOS has a lot of potential. It just needs to be on an EVO 4G type phone (in terms of hardware specs).

Poor marketing = Bad. Palm should have done more marketing.
    that rumor was busted by palm's own jon rubenstein, and i definitely agree on the hardware, i hate the plasticky pre, vs an iphone or a droid ( have you held a droid? it just feels nice to hold.)
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jramirex View Post
    I would get an Android over a WebOS if it had any decent 3d games. From what I can tell Android games are just like Win Mobile games, they look like crap... total waste of cpu/gpu/gorgeous screen. We will be able to play the same quality games on the Pre once Adobe releases Flash. If you think 3d games on phones don't matter well you should ask Sony how do they feel about a phone/mp3 player is kicking the crap out of their Game/Multimedia portable.
    this is supposed to be flash capable as well, which to me alleviates the need for serious games,
    I know I should be excited for this phone but I'm not.

Reasons why-

1. Android- Its probably the 3rd or 4th best mobile OS out there. I don't care how many functions you add to it, its still kind of archaic in its design.

2. Virtual Keyboard- I know the keyboard will be better since it is on a giant screen but typing on a flat surface still bothers me.

3. There are a lot of unknowns with this phone. Price? Will Everything Plans still apply or will they it get its own 4G plan for $$$?

4. 8mp camera- "megapixel" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and not reflective of a true cameras power. We will have to wait to see if the results match the gimmick.

I love the front facing camera, tethering capabilities, snapdragon processor, and 720 video recording which are things Palm should consider making possible with their next device. A larger screen would also be nice but 4.3" is not necessary.

Obviously the specs on this phone raise the bar and most manufactures other than Apple and RIM will have to follow quickly in order to stay competitive. Both Apple and RIM are kind of insulated since they have firmly entrenched camps(apple world and business world) This is great news for Sprint as this phone will likely be what the Pre wasn't to that network. I also wonder as these types of large screen phones continue to come out with a feature set like the EVO and more, will that hurt long term sales for devices like the ipad?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    SOLD!

I'll come back to Palm when their hardware can match the potential of WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post

Reasons why-

1. Android- Its probably the 3rd or 4th best mobile OS out there. I don't care how many functions you add to it, its still kind of archaic in its design.

2. Virtual Keyboard- I know the keyboard will be better since it is on a giant screen but typing on a flat surface still bothers me.

3. There are a lot of unknowns with this phone. Price? Will Everything Plans still apply or will they it get its own 4G plan for $$$?

4. 8mp camera- "megapixel" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and not reflective of a true cameras power. We will have to wait to see if the results match the gimmick.

I love the front facing camera, tethering capabilities, snapdragon processor, and 720 video recording which are things Palm should consider making possible with their next device. A larger screen would also be nice but 4.3" is not necessary.

Obviously the specs on this phone raise the bar and most manufactures other than Apple and RIM will have to follow quickly in order to stay competitive. Both Apple and RIM are kind of insulated since they have firmly entrenched camps(apple world and business world) This is great news for Sprint as this phone will likely be what the Pre wasn't to that network. I also wonder as these types of large screen phones continue to come out with a feature set like the EVO and more, will that hurt long term sales for devices like the ipad?

THIS!
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
  17. Evansgw
    I think the HTC EVO is going to make it even tougher for Palm. They really need to come out with an amazing 4g phone this summer.
    this changes the landscape no matter who you are. And for those waiting for palm to counter, your plan will expire long before you hear of any hardware change from palm...its not going to happen period mark my words/post!
    my pre will be gone as soon as the evo comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post

Reasons why-

kool aid drinker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast