Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    HDMI cable?! That's just pure win. I absolutely love the more tapered bezel too, makes 3gs and Pre look ancient.
    Oh wow a phone with 4G which I can't even use, and specs to make my e-***** bigger, running an OS I don't even like. *Throws palm pre in trashcan*
    Definitely wouldnt buy Palm stock after that news.

No no no... you knew they were gonna announce the supersonic so you should have bought before the market today. Sprint is already up 5% in AH... maybe be good for a little pop to $4.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    so is anyone else buying sprint stock tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    im sure palm will beat this..
    i like your spirit man
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    After checking out the Galaxy, sort of wishing the Evo had that screen type.

You know, if Palm can come out with a slate device with a larger screen and show some games on it, it just might hold on.
    I don't think so. Looking at the design of that phone, it barely has any bezel. If you make a larger screen you are going to make the phone almost too big to port around. And screen size is not the only thing that is really impressing me about this phone. I can't think of one hardware feature it doesn't have, outside of a physical keyboard. That is a lot for palm to catch up to.

If someone asked me whether to buy a Pre or the EVO, I don't know how I could sell them the Pre. The only points I can say are games, synergy and better multitasking, and those are just dwarfed by the slew of other features that the EVO has.

And even if Palm releases a device with equal hardware, Android already has much more mindshare than Palm. Palm would split sales with the EVO and that is not enough to pull them out of the ditch they have found themselves in. Palm needs to release on a Network where they can be the flagship. Right now that looks to be verizon (sry sprint people, me included). They will not release on AT&T only to compete directly with the new iPhone. This is all assuming VZW doesn't get some other higher end Android device.

I am very sorry to say that all Palm has going for them right now is their cache of patents.

Sry for the doom and gloom, but I think those are the facts at the moment. Again, here is hoping that Palm gets bought out by HTC and not Apple.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    At this news there is nothing I can say but wow, that phone will be in my pocket if palm cant crank out something just as godly. If the battery life on that is >4hours Ill buy it.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
    At this news there is nothing I can say but wow, that phone will be in my pocket if palm cant crank out something just as godly. If the battery life on that is >4hours Ill buy it.
    The amazing thing about that battery is that it has almost 500hours standby time. That is insane. Absolutely insane.
    Upon my research it looks like average usage day to day lifetime would be right around a day and a half.

I think it was a Phonedog or WireFly video I watched on youtube about it and he said he had a fully charged hd2 on his desk for a full week and turned on the screen to find that it still had 76% life left.

I get this info on the assumption that the EVO battery and battery drain will be very close to the HD2 since they are the same spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post
    I get this info on the assumption that the EVO battery and battery drain will be very close to the HD2 since they are the same spec.
    CDMA radios are notoriously more of a power drain than their GSM counterparts, and a WiMax radio will be even more so. The numbers probably won't be anywhere close to comparable.
    To be honest, I was shocked when I saw this... I really, really, really, enjoy my phone (more specifically Web OS), but this new phone looks REAL SICK!

Hopefully, Palm will come out with a BETTER phone so that people that have yet to try Web OS will be tempted to try it and those that have it, won't feel like they will be getting a lesser phone if they want to stay with Palm and the Pre.
    This is really gonna' be a tough decision! I'm a launch day owner and love the Pre. Admittedly, it's my first smartphone, but I love how intuitive the OS is and now I'm really struggling after watching the video because the phone specs sound like the Jesus phone but did you watch the dude in the video trying to type a very simple, small paragraph? He was flying! Problem is most of his "flying" was going back to correct typing mistakes! I love the physical keyboard on my Pre....rarely have mistakes. I will say this...I have 4G Sprint service on my home desktop and it fricken ROCKS! Palm either needs to come out with a 4G comparable device or hope Sprint charges an extra $50 a month for the 4G service! I doubt the later as I just saved $40 a month by switching to Sprint 4G and giving Qwest DSL the boot....c'mon Palm, do something!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    If it has mutitouch, hopefully they can work something out with apple and their lawsuit.
    Many Android devices have multitouch. The HTC Hero has multitouch.
    Am I the only one who likes the look of the Galaxy S more then the Evo? I would choose the Galaxy S over the Evo. The Galaxy S is exactly what the next Palm phone needs to look like. Since the Galaxy S will probably not be on Sprint, I have to choose between keeping my Pre(doubtful) or buying the Nexus One or The Evo.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Well, the HTC EVO is indeed a nice phone. At the same time, though, it isn't so much of a design achievement, as it is basically a standard rectangle/slab phone with the latest hardware upgrades. Things like the hdmi port and front-facing camera are neat but, still, there's no real newness here, aside for higher numbers on the spec sheet.

That said, this still looks like a great phone. Although it's nothing more than the sum of its parts, those parts are so top-drawer that that sum is still quite impressive. A phone like this would remove the need to carry a camera, or a camcorder, or an mp3 player. With a folding keyboard, it could serve nicely as a netbook replacement for light tasks.

It's such a potentially useful phone that one might have to buy it. Still, it has no real personality, and I hate the idea of being forced to either Google-ize or Appleize my life (I don't need my life indexed by Google, or to be locked in to a World of Steve Jobs approved products). So, here's hoping that Palm's newest phones will also take advantage of the latest technology, and that they will continue to offer a distinctive design philosophy, and an option that allows its users to avoid becoming the minions of the corporate super-behemoths.
    when i saw the EVO i thought i'd fallen in love again, but then i thought how much is this thing gonna cost? im thinking 299, plus the 4G plan, which we all know is goin to be more than what we a paying right now. soooo... i think ill way till prices drop a bit.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    when i saw the EVO i thought i'd fallen in love again, but then i thought how much is this thing gonna cost? im thinking 299, plus the 4G plan, which we all know is goin to be more than what we a paying right now. soooo... i think ill way till prices drop a bit.
    OMFG!!! I think I just wet my pants!!!

$299? You're kidding right? The TP2 was $350 after full upgrade at release. This will cost at least that much. Probably more like $400. Doesn't matter, I will be camped out in front of my local store! Wonder if they will do a midnight release?
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    Front facing camera as well, they just put everything into this phone. I'm really amazed right now.
    The forgot two things,
    1. a keyboard
    2. webOS

Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    The forgot two things,
    1. a keyboard
    2. webOS

Take care, jay
    1. are you serious a physical keyboard on a 4.3" screen, get a life
    2. yes webos is great but with this hardware it doesn't matter and after u use android for a couple of weeks you will change your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    1. are you serious a physical keyboard on a 4.3" screen, get a life
    2. yes webos is great but with this hardware it doesn't matter and after u use android for a couple of weeks you will change your mind
    id rather have a gr8 OS first then think about hardware......so i would pick webOS no matter wut
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    After checking out the Galaxy, sort of wishing the Evo had that screen type.

You know, if Palm can come out with a slate device with a larger screen and show some games on it, it just might hold on.
    You guys kill me. Palm hasn't come out with a competitive phone to turn eyes yet and you're talking about a slate? How about a car?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    People buy slates and Palm needs phones that people actually buy.

Imagine a rock-solid pre (with pixi keyboard) and a high-end Palm slate device released right before WebOS gaming was unveiled. I'd wager things would be very different right now.

You know what? Palm could start selling cabbage as a side business and if they sold enough to stay active, I'd keep buying Palm devices.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03/23/2010 at 10:23 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast