Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't think they have that long. The new Apple fourth generation will be out in June. This time, Palm needs to be early to the show and steal some thunder from Apple.
    I wonder if it has multitouch..
    Yea, I have to say I am drooling a bit over this phone. The front facing camera is kind of what did it for me actually. My sister is living in Germany right now, and the ability to skype with her on my phone would be very useful for me if I am stuck in a hospital or something.

Also, looking at the physical size of the device, it is barely larger than an iPhone.

Palm has their work cut out for them if they are releasing new hardware on Sprint. I honestly think the best place for them to release new hardware would be on VZW. The reason is their android competition is the droid and N1, which aren't that impressive to me. A new phone there could outshine the android competition, and they wouldn't have to worry about the iPhone if they went with AT&T.

But the HTC EVO really does basically have all the hardware you could want in a smart phone, outside of a physical keyboard. However, the screen is so large that a virtual keyboard will probably work very well. Software wise, I think WebOS still has the overall usability advantage, but the Sense UI on Android makes it much more functional IMO.

I am going to have to think long and hard what I am going to do come June.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I wonder if it has multitouch..

Yes according to the specs provided to the tech media.
    Leap was demoed on the desire. It is a way to look at all of your home screens at once and choose one easily so you don't need to swipe through them.

HTC Desire first hands-on (updated with video) -- Engadget

awesome specs. i'm definitely getting one.
    If it has mutitouch, hopefully they can work something out with apple and their lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    If it has mutitouch, hopefully they can work something out with apple and their lawsuit.
    Or they could just buy Palm, and counter sue and tell Apple to go "****** off!"

9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Even leaving aside the 4g, there are other phones with pretty decent specs being announced:

Let's just get this out of the way right off: the 4-inch WVGA 800 X 480 Super Amoled display on the Galaxy S is nothing short of stunning. Put side by side with an iPhone under some very harsh lighting, the difference between them -- feel free to have a peek at the video after the break -- is pretty astounding. Everything is bright and crisp, text legible, and the colors are jaw-droppingly beautiful. Touchscreen performance? This is another standout on this Android 2.1 device and coupled with Samsung's 1GHz Application Processor, not only is it responsive but the UI is smooth and fast. The Galaxy S can shoot HD video at 720p using its 5 megapixel cam, plays it back with aplomb, and did we mention the display?
    Samsung Galaxy S hands-on with video -- Engadget
    very petty, but not coming to sprint. At least not that version. It is a GSM phone. However, I bet you see that on AT&T and TMO. People are learning how to skin android very nicely. iPhone is going to have a run for its money.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well I know for sure now that my next phone will have Android running on it. Damn this phone is amazing. Bye webOS, I hope I see you in the future on something this amazing
    Front facing camera also has my attention

I was hoping for it on the 3GS and was disappointed it didn't. Also disappointed not avail on the coming ipad... my daughter goes to china every summer while i work and i video skype at home every day with her... that would be so awesome to do that as well as other types of conferencing.

This phone is super impressive. This IS sprints new flagship unless palm can come out with a comparable and i really doubt it... they took all year just to work out the kinks in this phone. they must have had their next gen phone in development during that time but i would really doubt they would have these features in there like front facing camera when they havent even given a mic api on this phone.

this phone... i would go to sprint for. i wonder if apple will respond with a front facing camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yea, I have to say I am drooling a bit over this phone. The front facing camera is kind of what did it for me actually. My sister is living in Germany right now, and the ability to skype with her on my phone would be very useful for me if I am stuck in a hospital or something.

Also, looking at the physical size of the device, it is barely larger than an iPhone.

Palm has their work cut out for them if they are releasing new hardware on Sprint. I honestly think the best place for them to release new hardware would be on VZW. The reason is their android competition is the droid and N1, which aren't that impressive to me. A new phone there could outshine the android competition, and they wouldn't have to worry about the iPhone if they went with AT&T.

But the HTC EVO really does basically have all the hardware you could want in a smart phone, outside of a physical keyboard. However, the screen is so large that a virtual keyboard will probably work very well. Software wise, I think WebOS still has the overall usability advantage, but the Sense UI on Android makes it much more functional IMO.

I am going to have to think long and hard what I am going to do come June.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    WoW... you can see why S is up 4% in AH ... and my contract ends in 2 months.. Looks like im gettin it
    Nobody will beat this thing for a while. Not apple or palm. Sorry.
    With this, Android is the flagship for every carrier but ATT.
    I doubt the next iphone even has a front camera or sd card slot. They just came out with the ipad and it doesnt so its not likely in the next iphone. Odds are the iphone will be another slight case change an upgraded chip and 64gb of storage. Seeing as how the ipad looks like the iphone im thinking apple isnt about to change the look much. They will probly come with a new software update that allows multi-tasking and all the ******* will now talk about how great and innovative it is now... They went crazy over the 3gs and its new software because they got MMS...what is wrong with apple fans? They also wont have 4g so... HTC EVO here i COME!
    This phone has definitely caught my eye, will see what happens this summer.
    As bad as I hate to admit it, the Evo is the Pre Killer. Even without 4G coverage, that thing is a beast. The clock is ticking Palm. It's time to crap or get off the pot.
    This thing is going to make the sales numbers of the Droid and the N1 look like a joke. This is just the shot in the arm that Sprint needed. A SuperPhone to make people actually switch TO Sprint instead of away.
    6 more months of contract and I'm all over it, sorry Palm.
    The Saint
    so is anyone else buying sprint stock tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    After checking out the Galaxy, sort of wishing the Evo had that screen type.

You know, if Palm can come out with a slate device with a larger screen and show some games on it, it just might hold on.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast