Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Leo has always been an entertaining, smug, Apple scented, tech ******. He has been an ***** about the Pre. He isn't famous for having accurate judgement. He goes down the wrong path frequently. He is famous because of how long he has been around and his friends.

On the last show Dvorak said he was going to get a Palm Pre. Leo laughed uproariously as if it was a joke. Dvorak said he was seriously going to get a Pre. Because it was cheap was a reason offered.

The problem with so many of the big name bloggers (Molly Wood has been a jerk also) is they have only tried the original half baked unpatched Pre. I doubt any of them have spent any time with the phone many of us are in love with. They also lust after the next new thing and there is a new Android phone every month activating their salivary glands. (that was kinda gross wasn't it? - true though).

Hopefully Dvorak will do some patching and say some good things. Just pray he gets good hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Leo has always been an entertaining, smug, Apple scented, tech ******.
    That is Hilarious. The word that the forum hid behind stars, starts with fan and ends with boy. Nothing dirty. I called him a tech ******. Let's see if it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    The problem with so many of the big name bloggers (Molly Wood has been a jerk also) is they have only tried the original half baked unpatched Pre. I doubt any of them have spent any time with the phone many of us are in love with.
    If they only report on what they're given to report on, then their past treports of a half-baked Pre were spot on. Are you saying bloggers should take new items out of the box and report on how you need to modify them heavily in order to make them useful? That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement of any new product. Here's an idea - if a company puts a half-baked, mediocre product out into the marketplace, let's all call it that.
    Yeah, I'd love to see them do that. Putting homebrew and patches on the phone is easier than installing most programs, or any hardware, on a computer. If you can hook up a printer or a webcam, installing PreWare should be easy.

Most computers are bland and boring until you put some progams on there (I know Mac's have a full suite, but that is the minority) I want tech reviewers to find out how people are using product in the real world. I don't want to miss out on something great because the reviewer didn't look around for some tips and tricks. And I certainly don't want them dissing something because they didn't like Ver 1 after it has gone through major updates.

If any one of these tech gurus were to pick something up again after it has done some maturing for a reassesment, I'd have a lot more respect for them.
    Do you think the average Pre user knows about Homebrew...

Without homebrew this phone is pretty much junk.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12