1.    #1  
    WHy do you think they placed the mobile hotspot feature on the Verizon phones?

This device should bolster webOS phone sales as well!

what do you think?

It will be a mistake if they partner with SPrint again for their next flagship device.
    I still think you're making a mistake in saying that the next device is going to be anything other than a phone.
    I do not subscribe to the conspiracy theorys floating around here of late, I mean Palm created a brand new OS and knows it will be 3-4 yrs before they get back in to the black,

But IF Palm does a tablet anytime in the next 2 yrs then they deserve to go under....Not going to happen. Palm is not a computer builder its a phone company and jumping to a tablet while trying to get their phone OS off the ground would be financial suicide!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

4.    #4  
    i just think for Palm to stay alive, they need to make something else. The smartphone space i am afraid is too crowded for Palm.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i just think for Palm to stay alive, they need to make something else. The smartphone space i am afraid is too crowded for Palm.

the smartphone space is not too crowded for palm. If you haven't watched the first engadet show podcast, interview with ruby. There's not going to be one top dog. There will be four or five top dogs. Maybe apple or blackberry will be the alpha dog. There is still room for a few others to do really well. So imo I don't care if palm is the top. I know palm is the best. They are know for being the first makers of the pda/smartphone and will continue to make great products. Rubys been with palm what less than 3 years. This is a 10 year plan. Hell it took him 9 to get apple back in the black. A tablet would be a great web os device in 4 to 5 years from now when it's purring like a kitten.
    Besides that, if you think the tablet market isn't going to be just as crowded, then you're oblivious to all the announcements. Pretty much literally, every day a new tablet gets announced.

There's the big players in Apple, Dell, and HP, plus Lenovo's convertible tablets, and a million smaller names, like JooJoo, Viliv, WePad, and many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Besides that, if you think the tablet market isn't going to be just as crowded, then you're oblivious to all the announcements. Pretty much literally, every day a new tablet gets announced.

There's the big players in Apple, Dell, and HP, plus Lenovo's convertible tablets, and a million smaller names, like JooJoo, Viliv, WePad, and many others.
    what Palm has that the others don't are patents for such a device. Basically a tablet is a Palm Pilot reborn. I wouldn't put it past Palm to release something tablet-like. They need to pull out all the stops to survive.