Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palms too stubborn to go that route. Palm has a history of making odd decisions and not listening much to the public and what they want. Take the Palm TX. It was a great device, but why would you leave out the voice recorder on a handheld device. We can now see it with the Pre. All the things left out of a smartphone, and now they are trying to play catch up. I think the Pre would have done better if it waited another year, rather than before the Droid. I know the Droid came first, but they said they would have done better if they came out before the Droid. I think the same result or worse would have happened.
    On another note. Palm should really think about just handing the OS to us and let us take a crack at it. The developers here have done a much better job at taking care of things than Palm has, and they are getting paid for this! Linux blew up because they were so opensource, why not Palm!
    The Treo Pro hardware was made by HTC. I know the Sony Xperia X1 was made by HTC too. HTC makes hardware for whoever wants to buy from them. I hope that Palm would use HTC to make a new Palm device with a slide out keyboard like the Touch Pro, I loved the keyboard on that phone.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    if they are even considering licensing webOS, they should do a Microsoft and require really stout minimum standards for the hardware, a la WP7.
    dead end, wrong turn
    HTC's products seem to preform well but OMG that S H I T S ugly and boxy..

I dont get the Problem with the Pre? I will admit I have had to replace my Pre a couple of times due to speaker issues. But no more than any other Phone Ive Had in the Past.
    I personally love the form and the hardware is great as far as Im concerned.
    Like I said Ive had 3 Pres but no dead pixles and no Oreo on any of them. They have been rock solid and I open the slider 25 times+ a day.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    haha why are you people over looking the current HTC model wm6.5 phone? HD2 anyone??? Seriously HTC will make phones for wm7, their not in partnership solely with google.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    HTC's products seem to preform well but OMG that S H I T S ugly and boxy..

I dont get the Problem with the Pre?.
    The problem is not really the Pre itself but Palm. They blew it in so many ways.

-Advertising.
    -Launch partners.
    -Hardware quality.
    -Arguably the OS (premature)

I mean, if it wasnt for Rubenstein who came in and tore the original apart to design what we have now...Palm would be dead.
    Yes, and no!

I don't want them to be like heres web-os, run with it.. But a joint thing would be good.
    1+
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Honestly every single HTC device i owned i hated, so id rather not have palm do that lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12