Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    webOS is a great operating system - better than iPhone or Android (I've used both).

I was looking at some of the short videos that Palm has on their site and for download onto the Pre/Pixi. These, clipped together creatively, would be great for commercials. They show the features of webOS in simple terms and show how easy it is to do things.

Come on Palm - time to put out some great marketing and a new device. Spend some $$ on marketing now - saving too much money is a waste if you go out of business.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    PC Mag is still around? Wow. That should be bigger news than their article.

I've yet to see ANY mobile OS (1st Generation) that didn't have bugs, especially 1st gen iphone & android OS systems. PC Mag can't get it right about PC's. When did they become experts in the mobile realm? Also, I'm still surprised that PC Mag is still around. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    funny thing is... PC Mag has been here longer than palm... probably be long after palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    PC Mag is still around? Wow. That should be bigger news than their article.

I've yet to see ANY mobile OS (1st Generation) that didn't have bugs, especially 1st gen iphone & android OS systems. PC Mag can't get it right about PC's. When did they become experts in the mobile realm? Also, I'm still surprised that PC Mag is still around. Lol
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I agree that Palm missed a good opportunity with marketing the Pre at its launch. One thing that I think hurt both Palm and Sprint during the exclusivity was that executives from both AT&T and Verizon made statements about getting the Pre. Some may argue that the average consumer wouldnít have been aware of these statements but I disagree. These types of things trickle down to the sales teams at carriers. So if someone even had an interest in the Pre asked a sales person at AT&T or Verizon they were told that itís coming in the New Year. Several of my friends on both networks were told this when they inquired about the Pre.

Most people are comfortable with their carrier. I can understand that. Switching carriers can not only be risky but expensive if youíre in contract. Not to mention if youíre happy with the level of service your getting why change? There wasnít enough marketing or buzz around the Pre for many people to switch. Especially when they were told that the device was coming to their network of choice.

Perhaps Palm thought that allowing other carriers to discuss the Pre during Sprintís exclusivity would work out in their favor. In my opinion it did more harm than good. In this market with a new phone always around the corner there is a limited window of opportunity to grab a customerís attention and to make a sale. My friends on both AT&T and Verizon that wanted the Pre lost interest after waiting for so long. The DRIODS, and iPhones not only got their attention they were available for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    funny thing is... PC Mag has been here longer than palm... probably be long after palm.
    So have many other gossip column magazines but that doesn't mean that they have any relevance... PC-Mag lost it many years ago. They should be placed right next to the Enquirer and the other magazines that have headlines "Aliens stole my dog and brought it back Pregant."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    You can criticize the source, but the logic in the article seems sound to me. WebOS still has tons of potential in my mind. It is still not too late for Palm to pull a rabbit out of it's hat, but the article really does a good job of underscoring the importance of timing.
    lmao
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123