View Poll Results: What will happen to PALM?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm will make it through, it has to...

99 61.49%
  • Maybe...

39 24.22%
  • Sayonara Palm

20 12.42%
  • Good Ridance

3 1.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    not webos, but palm as a company
    I think they'll get bought out by the Pre Defense Force.
    Maybe you should wait until after CTIA. No one knows what they will announce/
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  4.    #4  
    you're right
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Maybe you should wait until after CTIA. No one knows what they will announce/
    They're not announcing a new phone w/half a million sitting on shelves that they pretty much can't give away.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    They're not announcing a new phone w/half a million sitting on shelves that they pretty much can't give away.
    Didn't say it would be a new phone, but you don't know what they will announce.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    $50 taped to the back of every free phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    $50 taped to the back of every free phone?
    Palm might as well make a new phone
    I voted maybe but I think there should be an option for being acquired. There is a few company out there that would benefit greatly from buying Palm.
    You thinking like a slate or mp3/pda thing?
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Will not happen - trying to expand into a new market in their current shape is sure suicide, they can't spilt their marketing or operational focus like that - they are simply too small and too struggling. Trying to enter that market against the Ipad?
    Even then I don't think that would help them. I don't exactly know why I feel that way, just something about the idea seems terrible.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    how about...join the MP3 market
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Even then I don't think that would help them. I don't exactly know why I feel that way, just something about the idea seems terrible.
    I completely agree, which is why I'm wondering what they could possibly announce that would put a massively positive spin on things? More carriers in Europe? Immediate ATT Release? T-Mobile Partnership? What are your thoughts?
    Ok, let me clarify: No one but Palm knows what will be announced.
    god knows too just sayin.... maybe he'll share what he knows
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    god knows too just sayin.... maybe he'll share what he knows
    Start praying mate.

I almost wish Palm would get bought out.

webOS is the best, I have no doubt. The marketing department has totally screwed the pooch.

Does anybody think that with pricing being SOOO low ($79.99 on Sprint, $29.99 on VZW) for webOS devices that it is almost counter-productive to sales? Could the perception be that the phone is NOT a top notch phone because they have lowered prices so much? Just a thought...
    Last edited by calvintlamb; 03/18/2010 at 05:52 PM.
    I don't see a snowball's chance in hell of Palm surviving this. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy this company, and the big wigs of the company are continually making bad decisions when it comes to their products.

I remember when the Pre was shown at a CES show in Las Vegas several years ago. Everyone was going crazy about it and how it would be the phone to seriously give the iPhone a run for its money. Then we waited and waited and waited and waited and waited... It took quite sometime between the showing of the product and the eventual rolling out of the Pre. By that time several others had managed to get a jump ahead, and even though their products are (in my opinion) inferior to the Palm, they still got out there first and that's all it took.

The Palm executives are continually making bad decisions. While I love the Palm, I'm sick to death of what the management does for their product.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Edsel. New Coke. Betamax. Palm.

sniff.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Edsel. New Coke. Betamax. Palm.

sniff.
    You forgot Dreamcast.

I think Palm is going to be bought out unless they are both lucky and put out an amazing product.

All in all, I am starting to think that the Pixi was one of their biggest mistakes. Think of all the time they spent on the Pixi, and how much of that could have been put into making WebOS and the Pre better.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast