View Poll Results: What will happen to PALM?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm will make it through, it has to...

99 61.49%
  • Maybe...

39 24.22%
  • Sayonara Palm

20 12.42%
  • Good Ridance

3 1.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Palm as company is worth $ b/c of all of it's patents. Let's hope that someone with big bucks can help Palm out! Take care, jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 03/19/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    I think Motorola and Palm would be a good fit. Motorola doesn't really have a OS of it's own but has always been well renowned for it's rock solid hardware. Palm has the awesome OS but crap hardware.
    Together, they could build some pretty impressive devices.
    Also, I think HTC and Palm would be a pretty good fit as well. With HTC's deep pockets and awesome hardware, sporting WebOS, they would be unstoppable.
    IMO Nokia would be the perfect partner... They can dump the Symbian OS and put WebOS in their hardware, and they would sell tons.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    As much as I love my Pre, and have been a Palm supporter for years, I'm not sure they can pull out of their current tailspin. Even a terrific new phone won't make a dent in the market...they had tremendous buzz with the Pre, but the competition simply is tougher and has deeper marketing pockets.

I'm rooting for Palm, but wouldn't bet the farm on their success.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Palm has seen much worse. They were dormant for how long? Please, stop with the High School Drama.

Will brad Pitt and Angelina get back together??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    People don't KNOW about WebOS is the problem... If it had been marketed better people would WANT it... It is a better OS, and the potential is even better.
    Sure, from a technology standpoint. Unfortunately, the reality is you can do a lot more cool and practical things with other, less capable, platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Palm has seen much worse. They were dormant for how long?
    True, but the Pre was their ticket back to relevance after their time in the wilderness...it was going to be their game-changer. It didn't work, and I wonder if their hat is devoid of rabbits. I hope that I'm wrong.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123