1.    #1  
    Does anyone knows ? We know it is Lithium Ion and is thus 3.7v, we've seen a picture of it and I have measure it at
    3x5x0.1 cm, but I don't know what is the mA rating of the cell.
    If known it should be possible to find a more capacious battery but with the same external dimensions?
    I am not 100% sure, but you may be able to find this and other tech info from the FCC site.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Yardie,

WHo are they and what is their URL ?
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tqt56
    WHo are they and what is their URL ?
    FCC = Federal Communications Commission (US government)

their homepage URL = http://www.fcc.gov/

I don't know of a specific page for Treo info; I tried searching for "Treo" and it couldn't find anything.

FWIW, this is where the info on the original Treos and the Palm i705 was leaked a while back. All wireless products sold in the US need to be approved by the FCC.
  5.    #5  
    Oh THAT FCC, I never thought of that and beside I find it very unlikely that the site will have somethinga sdetailed as the battery capacity, it will have perhaps the frequency and the GSM type but to specify the battery capacity is a little too much details.

Such components might get upgraded even before manufacturing begin.

It will be more lilely found in user group and technical bulleting boards.

Thanks any way.
    I just remember reading somewhere a few weeks back that the vattery capacity is 850 MAh. Can't remember where though.
    The test results provided to the FCC list the battery as being a 3.7v 850mAh lithium-ion.
    Hope this helps you!

Greg
    Originally posted by yardie
    I just remember reading somewhere a few weeks back that the vattery capacity is 850 MAh. Can't remember where though.
    850 Mega-amp-hours? Wow! This baby has to last for aeons!
    milli amps
    i wish it was mega amps
    or maybe even tetra amps
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Just for confirmation, the battery on my Treo reads:
    LiOn 3.7v
    P/n: HND14-0019-02
    GS-Melcotec-C0.LTD

Anyone popped the lid on the 270 to see what it's battery says, I read is was supposed to be denser, which I read to mean more amphours. Maybe it would fit the 180's and I could use the speaker phone for more than 20 mins.
  11.    #11  
    Well I looked at the Melcotec website to try to see the capacity of the battery, it seems the closest is model LP503048C which is rated at 69mA , the dimensions are identical to the battery in the Treo. They have another battery with slightly bigger dimensions, the LP473465B at 900mA, crucially this battery is the same thicknest as the other, it is bigger in length and width only.

This make me think that perhaps I could buy swop it with this battery and perhaps this is the one in the Treo 270. One thing for sure you will need to move the vibrating motor away as the length of the new battery will occupy the whole width of the Treo. This is however doable !!!!
    I just picked up an 1800 mAh battery off of eBay. I wish I knew what had been in the phone to begin with... 850? They have the same type (157-10014-00) but the new one's got some Samsung tag on it above the barcode.
    Samsung one is 1900mah in my 650.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Here is a good thread . . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86996

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Samsung one is 1900mah in my 650.
    You can find lots of references to the Treo 650's battery capacity including some websites that sell Treos and list the specs.

It is 1900mAh.

Interestingly enough there are more than a few Ebay vendors selling "extended" Treo batteries of only 1700 and 1800mAh.
    dont they make extended batteries for the treo, but they're just expensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    dont they make extended batteries for the treo, but they're just expensive?
    The link in post #14 describes the 2200 mAh.

Cheers, Perry.