1.    #1  
    I got a call from the fine folks at Best Buy last yesterday. They have just dropped the price on the Treo 180, and since I had bought it within 30 days (only by mere hours!) I was eligable for a refund of the difference. I bought it for $399, but there was a $50 rebate from Best Buy going on. I already got the check. The new sales price was $249, so they refunded $150! So, I ended up paying $200 for a Treo 180!

If any of you got your Treo in the last 30 days from Best Buy, I urge you to go down there and get the rebate. It sure makes up for the cost of being an early adoptor.

When I bought my Treo, the salesman recommended I pay $80 for their replacement guarentee. I warrents the unit against defects for 3 years, and if anything breaks through normal use, they will replace the whole unit with a brand new one, or you can pay the difference to a higher end model. He told me that when the color units come in, I could say that the battery didn't charge right, or a button didn't work well, pay the difference and get a new color model. I'm thinking a couple years from now, I could get a really nice upgrade for little to nothing. Hopefully, I wasn't misled, but I wanted to pass this info on.
    For Kant human beings as moral agents are rational and autonomous (free to make choices). He thinks that as rational beings we are able to judge whether any action is moral by asking if the action is consistent with the categorical imperative.

One formulation of the categorical imperative is, "Act only on that maxim (intention) whereby at the same time you can will that it shall become a universal law". What Kant means by this is that they way that we judge an action to be moral is to universalise it: If I want to know if telling a lie on a particular occasion is justifiable, I must try to imagine what would happen if everyone was to lie. Kant thinks that any rational being would agree that a world in which there is no lying is preferable to one in which lying was common; in a society in which lying was common no one could trust the word of anyone else.

What is our obligation, I ask.