1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the two units use the same size SIM card?

The 270 text on Handspring says "just move the existing Visorphone SIM to the 270."

So - can I just get the 180 and move my visorphone SIM also??

( I ask because I can save $100 on the 180 and get it for $299 - and that's the way I'm leaning. But I need to retain my same number).

Thanks.
    Yes, you are going to be able to use the same SIM. I have one SIM and I'm able to use it in both devices.

I have heard that some carriers SIM lock or device lock the SIM - making it work only in the device that you initially purchased. You may want to check with the carrier just in case.
    Originally posted by Glenn K
    I have heard that some carriers SIM lock or device lock the SIM - making it work only in the device that you initially purchased. You may want to check with the carrier just in case.
    SIM lock means that the device you purchased can only be used with your original SIM, but you can still put the SIM into another device. Device lock - you are out of luck here, your SIM will only work in your original phone (very unusual, at least in Europe).

You can just try it, put your SIM into another phone and another SIM into your phone. If you get no error message on both, there is no lock.
    As you can use that SIM in the VisorPhone, it 99% means that you are not locked.

p.s. - some providers allow Dual SIM for same number for a small additional fee.