Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I'm so tired of the doom news about Palm. It just seems like the vultures are having a field day reporting how badly palm is doing...uggggh

Engadget says they lost appx 2.1% market share for the 3 month period ending Jan 2010. Although the story doesn't really bash Palm too badly.

Here is the link...

Android's American market share soars, WinMo pays the price -- Engadget
    Engadget is on of Palm's most vocal supporters.
    Meanwhile, it still has only 1.4% lower marketshare than Android, which has been around longer, and has more devices, and that's considered "soaring".
    It's cause of palm os... Contracts are ending, and people are moving on.. (can't blame them, palm os doesn't look that great anymore...)
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I think the OS looks fine..however the hardware was weak from day one and it's catching up with them.

I would really love to see some kick ***** hardware for WebOS to run on - and I wouldn't be afraid to pay extra for it. The iphone has never been cheap.

Foxconn was a total failure as a vendor for the Pre hardwre. I dealt with them years ago when I used to do a lot of OEM PC work. Their products were allways junk..but they were "cheap" price-wise.

Unfortunately...when all you got is a cheap price...all you got is a cheap price.

If palm wants a great phone...choose amazing hardware for WebOS to run on.

It's not complicated