1.    #1  
    i was very surprised to see a device i wasnt familiar with it looks too wide to be a pixi and doesnt have the pre's shiny mirror perhaps its the c40 anyone have any thoughts http://static.businessinsider.com/im...rubinstein.jpg
    looks like he is looking at the back of his pre actually with it closed.... IDK good find.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #3  
    the camera appears to be in the center of the back the pre's camera is on the right side
    what i mean is the side we see is the face of the pre. The thing in the center could be the silver thing in the middle of the pre... although it looks a bit circular instead of elongated....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #5  
    i didnt think of that i mean i guess it would make sense if he were taking a pic of himself or looking in the mirror but i still like to dream
    Nice catch.
    Here is a closer look. The circle that seems like a camera lens is slightly off center but not like a Pre. The back looks like it has an invisishield cover by the look of the edges. Yet one has to answer why would he have that on there. It seems to be slightly wider and thicker when compared to him holding a Pre.
    Click on the pic for blowup.
    jon-rubinstein2.jpg
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7.    #7  
    think i should submit it to the dieter and the rest like when we see one on tv?
    I think it is a pre with the slider open and instead of "sprint" or "verizon" on the mirror maybe its the palm logo. it looks like the mirror to me though.
  9.    #9  
    i disagree but its hardly a crystal clear picture and i could be wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    I think it is a pre with the slider open and instead of "sprint" or "verizon" on the mirror maybe its the palm logo. it looks like the mirror to me though.
    What? In both pictures you see no mirror. If I run this in the limited enhancement software I have on this computer which I through over to a 46" monitor, I see no indication of any kind of a mirror or even a hint of anything other then a shadow from the fingers on the back of the phone. There is no reflection. Then the side of the phone does not show that it is open to reveal a slight half thickness.

update:
    I just tried to get the circle and first finger section to the 46". The picture is such a low res. that I am having trouble to keep any clarity with enhancements now. But if there is a mirror there ( which is a good guess) it is not of the same shape as the one on the Pre. There is little to no reflection from the circle. It could be a frosted area. Good call again byosphere. We just need to find a high res pic of this if we can.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/09/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    extended battery making it wider? Do we know when the photo was taken?
  12.    #12  
    wish i could say i did
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    extended battery making it wider? Do we know when the photo was taken?
    +1
    Does seem thicker. As far as the size from side to side doesn't it seem wider there. Does anyone know of a good pick that looks close to the same as this one (finger placement) where we know he it holding a Pre?
    If you find one post the link or PM me. I could then run measurements on everything.

We want them!!!
    The article where that picture came from, Palm Promotes Ex-Apple Rubinstein To CEO by Dan Frommer, was posted on June 10, 2009 in the Business Insider.
  15.    #15  
    i got it from an article someone posted today about how palms still going to fail even with games or something like that
    I'm gonna call that a prototype pre then. He wouldn't be rocking anything but that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I'm gonna call that a prototype pre then. He wouldn't be rocking anything but that.
    +1
    Giving up ...ugg

We want them!!!
    I thought I saw this photo months ago, maybe not but it does seem like i've seen it before. It might just be a prototype of the pre before it was on any carrier.
  19.    #19  
    i still like to dream
    Prototype, yeah right LOL!

Thats the same PRPRPR $shot$ $of$ $Ruby$ $that$ $Palm$ $has$ $been$ $using$ $for$ $1$.$5$ $years$. $Here$ $is$ $a$ $link$ $to$ $it$ $on$ $their$ $site$.

Jon Rubinstein - Executive Chairman : Palm USA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011