Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Been working on this for most of the afternoon - Hope you like it. Made in Photoshop CS4 from the ground up. Let me know what you think!

Spec sheet updated with:

• Larger Battery
    • OLED Display
    • Palm Pixi-style Keyboard
    • Bluetooth 3.0
    • WiMax Connectivity
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DavidVogt; 03/07/2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Updated Mockup
    Would be super sweet
    Very nice. I want.
    looks like a blackberry...id still love it tho.
    That's gorgeous, and expressed exactly what I'd love to see: same basic formfactor, but higher end hardware, larger screen, higher end keyboard. Great work!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Yeah I would buy that.
    man that looks nice, I want me some
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Nice, although Bluetooth 3.0 is out now, which is ultra low power. Noticed you left out WiMAX... it's just not needed on a smartphone right now, but they may need to do it to keep up with Android coming with WiMAX. A 2000mah battery might be doable with the larger frame. I'd be willing to pay more for a lower power OLED screen.

The number one/two things I want are a larger screen and faster CPU. Palm must must must have an additional form factor with a larger screen, even if same resolution as Pre.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    NOYCE!!!...except for the IP infringing BB keys. I like the Treo keys still the best out of ALL qwerty kb's. I don't really like the BB keys, especially on the Curve.
    Beautiful mock up - it looks like the keyboard was taken from the Bold.

I don't know if it would be the right device for me because of its size, but it would certainly sell well in today's large phone screen market.
    Looks good, maybe there is a way to stuff a 1800 mAh battery into it and that would work for me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Nice, although Bluetooth 3.0 is out now, which is ultra low power. Noticed you left out WiMAX... it's just not needed on a smartphone right now, but they may need to do it to keep up with Android coming with WiMAX. A 2000mah battery might be doable with the larger frame. I'd be willing to pay more for a lower power OLED screen.

The number one/two things I want are a larger screen and faster CPU. Palm must must must have an additional form factor with a larger screen, even if same resolution as Pre.
    Hi there, thanks for the input. I wsn't aware that BT 3.0 is out already. Maybe I will change the spec sheet, but this is designed mostly for the form factor. I didn't spend too much time on the mockup, while I agree with the inclusion of 4G as well as an OLED screen. Not sure it would be possible to cram 2000mAh in there though, though it would surely be nice!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    NOYCE!!!...except for the IP infringing BB keys. I like the Treo keys still the best out of ALL qwerty kb's. I don't really like the BB keys, especially on the Curve.
    Yes, the keys are from the BB Bold. The reason for this is the user demand I have seen expressed in the forums and comments. The most important thing is - the keys need to have a farther travel distance than they currently do on the Pre. Obviously Palm would never put actual BB keys on a phone. I also like having a dedicated "." button.
    Palm should give everyone choice.... make a keyboard version like the beast you just created and a slab with no keyboard so no one can complain also it needs to to be a dual release on sprint and at&t. sprint gets the 4g and at&t 3g models but palm doesnt have the cash to do this.
    I thought I read somewhere that OLED screens were hare to see/read outside in sunlight?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Palm should give everyone choice.... make a keyboard version like the beast you just created and a slab with no keyboard so no one can complain also it needs to to be a dual release on sprint and at&t. sprint gets the 4g and at&t 3g models but palm doesnt have the cash to do this.
    I agree, a lot of people would be interested in a slab form factor with a virtual keyboard. I, however, am not one of them and greatly prefer a hardware keyboard after fighting around with an iPhone for 2 years. Perhaps the exclusion of a keyboard would allow for a slimmer device OR a bigger battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that OLED screens were hare to see/read outside in sunlight?
    they are every nexus one review said it was horrible to read in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    I agree, a lot of people would be interested in a slab form factor with a virtual keyboard. I, however, am not one of them and greatly prefer a hardware keyboard after fighting around with an iPhone for 2 years. Perhaps the exclusion of a keyboard would allow for a slimmer device OR a bigger battery.
    i am with you i need a keyboard to get real work done.. if the c40 doesnt not have a real keyboard than im prolly wont get it.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    they are every nexus one review said it was horrible to read in sunlight.
    True, though the Zune HD proves that high readability in direct sunlight is possible with an OLED screen.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I love it. Complaints: still have those fingerprints magnet glossy plastic on the pre (but you said it has magnesium alloy Shell, and no on screen landscape keyboard). It's a worthy upgrade.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast