Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I would buy this yesterday! I personally love the 'smooth fit in your hand' feel of the Pre. I don't want that 'TV remote feel' in my hand, in a phone. Palm bump up the specs and keep the form factor.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Wow.

That really looks great.

And especially the spec's look great.

The only thing I would change: I would give a slightly bigger 'frame' around the screen. (Or make the screen a little bit smaller.)

Cool.

Congratulations
    This would kickass if it was real.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wow! Beautiful. I sure hope we see something like this soon. Although I'm kind of worried that we'll have to wait forever for the next Palm phone and then the C40 will be be revealed as just another boring slab. Ugh.

Small note: it looks like the gesture area on your mockup might be too small to be usable.

Anyway, great mockup, and I hope that you and Palm are on the same wavelength!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    These specs

Palm Treo Pro Codenamed Palm C40;

Debut's with Palm webOS 2.0

-4G WiMAX Radio
    -4" 480 x 854 AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen
    -Qualcomm Dual Core 1.5GHZ Snapdragon
    -nvidia Tegra 2 Chipset
    -64GB Ultra Fast Flash Memory
    -1GB internal Ram/Rom
    -Micro USB 3.0
    -Full Portrait QWERTY
    -1080p HDMI out
    -Dual HD Dollby MicroSpeakers
    -Pico Projector inbuilt
    -12 MPX autofocus schenider with dual xenon flash
    -1080p native video recording
    -Full Carbon Fibre Body
    -Ultra Hard Scratch Resistant Glass Screen
    -Superior build quality
    -Noise cancelling mic/earpiece with HD CrystalTalk Clarity
    -DVB HD inbuilt TV Tuner

Powered by a 4000 mAh Battery(Using nano 'lithium' technology) with a full solar panel back and 87% Solar conversion efficiency (a world first!)
    Dude are you serious, this is just redonkulous! I want to not give a kidney for a great phone.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    this is exactly what i want as far as looks!!!
    LOLZ... this is funny. THis image is showing up in blogs and news sites as rumored image of the new Pre...hahaa.... love the internet!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Link? I would like to see an article with this mock up in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Link? I would like to see an article with this mock up in it.
    It's not real. I believe it's a mock up of what the OP wants to see.
    I know that lol. I was saying I wanted to see an article with it in it. Gaurav said a couple posts up that he saw it in some articles. I was simply asking if he had a link to any of them, as I couldn't find any myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I know that lol. I was saying I wanted to see an article with it in it. Gaurav said a couple posts up that he saw it in some articles. I was simply asking if he had a link to any of them, as I couldn't find any myself.
    Ah ok - lol

Thought you thought it was real.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

What, still no front facing camera?!?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Where to go....what to do?

I have and carry both a Pro and a 750, it's my opinion that the 750 has a much better KB because it's curved like a BB or the BB is curved like a 750:-)

Palm withdrew from this region and none of the Telcos in Australia sell Palm and accessories are difficult to source over the counter in phone shops..in fact many of the people who work there have never seen or in some cases heard of Palm.

If HP/Palm don't do something quick they will need a 'Killer phone' to get back into the game...BB's are selling very well in Australia probably 2nd to Iphone in the high end phones because all the kids want iPhone even the big kids.

Come Xmas I'll be looking for a new phone and it looks like it may have to be a BB Bold 9700...I haven't seen any other phone that comes close to a replacement for my Palm pro with the combination of qwerty and touch screen with the option to use a stylus if I need to.

I'm aware HTC made the Pro but HTC doesn't seem to be popular as a business phone in Australia, it seems to slot into the Nokia E71 bracket/market and I haven't found anyone in business that's overly happy with them....comments are "It's not a bad phone".
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Where to go....what to do?
    eBay!!!

There's another thread around here where SIM-unlocked Palm Pres were being shipped for around $400.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    eBay!!!

There's another thread around here where SIM-unlocked Palm Pres were being shipped for around $400.
    Nah...I've got a Pro at the moment and it's great but would like a next generation Pro...not a second hand one off eBay or something off the net....I would expect a faster processor, better resolution screen etc. that should be the the way HP/Palm should be going....until they again have a presence in Australia so phones and accessories can be sourced over the counter the brand will be/is dead in this part of the world.
    Last edited by bille; 07/05/2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    that is super sweet. i'd buy it right now.
    I'm sorta over the Slider thing. My good old N95 had a better slider than my Pre. You'd think Palm would at least try to copy a good reference design. I do love the form factor and the "in the hand/palm" feeling of the Pre though. What an ideal form factor-needs a better slider mech though.
    Of course they b*****ed about the N95 slider also, but mines held up really well.

Who am I fooling? If HPalm came out with a new phone, of course I'd buy it!
    Thought I'd give this a bump for the Mock Up Contest. One of my favorites.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast