Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    That's one of the best mockups I've seen so far. Nice work.

I'd buy that on launch day.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hey, Palm Pre needs your vote. We are sooooo close to beating the Blackberry Bold!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hey, Palm Pre needs your vote. We are sooooo close to beating the Blackberry Bold!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Done!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i would want the screen to scale from what it is now, not just a increase in with.

if it doesn't scale, apps would need to be fixed for it, and that's more stress on developers
    Man, I love Palm, and my hopes are for a pee-in-my-pants phone.

1 Gb ram is minimum. Because though we aren't using 'super' heavy apps now and wouldn't need it, a gig of ram would really encourage a lot of frakkin awesome apps to hit. And I want 1.5 Ghz. to kill that evo 4g.

I want I want I want.
    How about a snap-out keyboard like the one in The Matrix? Movie is over 10 years old and still cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    These specs

Palm Treo Pro Codenamed Palm C40;

Debut's with Palm webOS 2.0

-4G WiMAX Radio
    -4" 480 x 854 AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen
    -Qualcomm Dual Core 1.5GHZ Snapdragon
    -nvidia Tegra 2 Chipset
    -64GB Ultra Fast Flash Memory
    -1GB internal Ram/Rom
    -Micro USB 3.0
    -Full Portrait QWERTY
    -1080p HDMI out
    -Dual HD Dollby MicroSpeakers
    -Pico Projector inbuilt
    -12 MPX autofocus schenider with dual xenon flash
    -1080p native video recording
    -Full Carbon Fibre Body
    -Ultra Hard Scratch Resistant Glass Screen
    -Superior build quality
    -Noise cancelling mic/earpiece with HD CrystalTalk Clarity
    -DVB HD inbuilt TV Tuner

Powered by a 4000 mAh Battery(Using nano 'lithium' technology) with a full solar panel back and 87% Solar conversion efficiency (a world first!)
    No built in coffee maker feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderekz View Post
    i would want the screen to scale from what it is now, not just a increase in with.

if it doesn't scale, apps would need to be fixed for it, and that's more stress on developers
    I dont think so. The Pixi has a different aspect ration than the Pre if I am not mistaken, and when notifications come in, the App window adjusts to suit, so to me it seems like scaling is already built in. I am no expert this is just my take. Correct me if I am wrong.

Looks like the mockup was updated to have more of a Pre / Pixi style layout.
    This is the phone I would want; however, you need a second version with only a virtual keyboard. I like the real keyboard but many of the younger crowd think that not having a keyboard is cool. Whether it makes sense or not, you have to give the public what they want. The iphone (and other similarly designed phones) proves that the vast majority of smart phone buyers either do not want or do not require a real keyboard.
    One ugly stretched-out pre look, period. The other mock-up which had a golden gate bridge pic ui looked better.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by voirob View Post
    One ugly stretched-out pre look, period. The other mock-up which had a golden gate bridge pic ui looked better.
    Did you just sign up to bash my hard work that a lot of people here seem to appreciate, or are you capable or bringing something useful to the table?
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    WOW... I really like your design.

I'm all for the 4.3" screen, but I thought that it'd be best if they got rid of the keyboard, because... (a) it'd make it less durable, and (b) it'd be really awkward to type on when open.

But the angled, yet still flat slider totally solves (a) for the most part... and for (b), just because it's awkward to type on, doesn't mean it needs to be open.

I say, "A++ for you Pre++"!!! I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Palm, please hire David Vogt, pay him what he wants and let him design your next phone. I think any specs that are lower than his specs will create a mass movement of the Palm community to Evo 4Gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by voirob View Post
    lets see your mockup.... ohhhhh you don't have a better one. You have nothing to contribute? no? ok.... what about some constructive criticism of the mockup? no? ok... any comments if you like the buttons? no?

if you have nothing to bring to this table... then don't say anything
    Lets not forget.. there is a trend that's leaning back towards keyboards...

More BlackBerry slider pics appear -- is this the next Bold? -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    lets not argue about BB keys .... just lets hope Palm re-uses the Treo keypad
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    Also, I am game for a keyboard-less WebOS device, but there are some caveats. One, they need to have a fast, responsive virtual keyboard. Apple's is masterful, but all the Android ones I have used are god awful, slow and inaccurate. If you want to read why, here is a good article which hopefully points Palm in the right direction. .

Ok heres me bein real. i completely agree that tons goes into making a virtual keyboard.

HOWEVER

1) Palm has said (not sure where tho i just know its been mentioned time and time again) that they are going to have physical keyboards on their devices....period.

2) -adding in all these little features is great....except your forgetting 1 thing....palm is a TINY company compared to apple.
    -apple can set a team on he virtual keyboard project and get it done in no time because of all their money and bodies they have available to work
    -palms manpower is somewhat limited and since the majority of their resources is working on making webos more complete (voice dialing, bugs etc)....i doubt they will spending man power working on a virtual keyboard
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I'd take a phone that was almost exactly like the current Pre, only thinner, slightly larger screen, and not made of cheese or whatever crap materials Palm dug out of the bin. I wouldn't touch anything without a glass screen with an oleophobic coating. I honestly quite like the current Pre aside from the fact that it's a bit chubby and I feel like it's going to fall apart if I cough on it the wrong way. I don't even mind the lack of apps or anything. I could do with a bit smoother bottom edge as well, you know so I don't accidentally cut my bits off with it.

Of course I wouldn't complain if it was just a skosh faster, with a smidge more internal storage and a camera that could focus on small text, you know for when I'm engaging in international espionage. (or just trying to grab a serial number off a new computer for inventory.)

-n8
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    This looks exactly like the Pre? You just wrote better specs next to it....
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    This looks exactly like the Pre? You just wrote better specs next to it....
    It's wider, thinner, and a different shape. It also has a straight, rather than curved, slider.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast