Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Looks great, but a few things I would do:

Minimum of 1GB RAM. The Pre Plus already has 512MB.

Larger battery. The #1 gripe of any smartphone owner is battery life. This thing needs to have the largest battery possible, even if it means making the device slightly larger.

On a device of this size, forget about MicroSD cards. It should accept standard SD cards.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Looks very nice.
    Well done. I commend you on the professionality.

Edit: @ Above:

512 mb ram is more than sufficient. I don't see myself opening more than 10 heavy apps and 52 regular apps.

Instead, I would rather have a larger battery/better battery.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that OLED screens were hare to see/read outside in sunlight?
    OLEDs are hard to see in sunlight, but LCDs aren't exactly great at it either. If it is between terrible vs. bad, I don't really care, give me the OLED. Samsung has something they are calling "Super OLED" panels that apparently are on par with, or better than, LCDs in sunlight. Regardless, Palm needs to deliver a 480x800 resolution phone, or they deserve to go out of business.

Also, I am game for a keyboard-less WebOS device, but there are some caveats. One, they need to have a fast, responsive virtual keyboard. Apple's is masterful, but all the Android ones I have used are god awful, slow and inaccurate. If you want to read why, here is a good article which hopefully points Palm in the right direction. The other thing is that I need the notification space to move to the top of the phone. It simply won't work elegantly when you are typing on a virtual keyboard that is on the bottom of the screen and then get a notification. Either that notification has to go behind the virtual keyboard, which defeats its purpose and design, or it will bump up the keyboard while you are typing, either of which won't work.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    512 mb ram is more than sufficient. I don't see myself opening more than 10 heavy apps and 52 regular apps.
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

More RAM allows the evolution of mobile apps to move forward. Single apps can become more powerful and faster with more RAM. Unless you are fine with app development stagnating, 1GB of RAM would do a lot for WebOS's future. 2011 apps won't be as puny as 2009 apps were.
    should add infered. I loved using novii remote
    This looks awesome, I also wish that you worked for palm. Have you changed anything since posting the picture?
    Sexy...
    I rather have a Pixel Qi display (google it). The phone needs more battery capacity than 1450mAh. 1800 - 2000 would be ideal.

Lastly, DNG RAW support would be fantastic.
    Oh, maybe dual core A9s and replacing the BT stack with Bluez so that we get a lot more profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    should add infered. I loved using novii remote
    Personally, I wouldn't want it to infer stuff

Rather, I would maybe like an infrared transceiver (can be used as a remote or even use a remote to control videos--excessive, I know, but it would be cool--or just use an external game controller)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    lol yo.. Great mockup ur really talented... but u forgot the last "I" in "wifi" lol
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Wow man nice work looks sweet. I would so upgrade to that!!! Lets hope someone from Sprint checks out this picture as to get ideas and re-do w/e the c40 is to that device
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    Wow man nice work looks sweet. I would so upgrade to that!!! Lets hope someone from Sprint checks out this picture as to get ideas and re-do w/e the c40 is to that device
    sprint wouldnt be the ones making it palm would
    pretty sweet needs a bigger battery
  15.    #55  
    Spec sheet updated with:

• Larger Battery
    • OLED Display
    • Palm Pixi-style Keyboard
    • Bluetooth 3.0
    • WiMax Connectivity
    omg I love this design what the pre should have been! If someone would privately make a device like that and three WebOS in it I would buy it in a heart beat! Palm get these ideas! You should twitter this to palm lol
    These specs

Palm Treo Pro Codenamed Palm C40;

Debut's with Palm webOS 2.0

-4G WiMAX Radio
    -4" 480 x 854 AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen
    -Qualcomm Dual Core 1.5GHZ Snapdragon
    -nvidia Tegra 2 Chipset
    -64GB Ultra Fast Flash Memory
    -1GB internal Ram/Rom
    -Micro USB 3.0
    -Full Portrait QWERTY
    -1080p HDMI out