Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 128
  1. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #21  
    And I hope it's a glass Oled display and finger print resistant.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    And I hope it's a glass Oled display and finger print resistant.
    I hope so too.

    Palm needs some great hardware next time if they want to get anywhere.
  3. Rockser2g's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #23  
    Very nice, thats pretty much all I would need in a device. Good job.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    they are every nexus one review said it was horrible to read in sunlight.
    I use my phone outside a lot, so forget the OLED screen...
  5. #25  
    I really really like it and no I don't want any landscape keyboard. This looks fine. Nice specs too...if only palm would really make something so cool happening.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    I really really like it and no I don't want any landscape keyboard. This looks fine. Nice specs too...if only palm would really make something so cool happening.
    Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I agree, a landscape keyboard does not seem practical at all.
  7. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #27  
    I think I just made a mess in my pants, dude that is awesome... if only you worked for Palm and that turns out to be real I'll be in heaven.
  8. #28  
    this looks sweet. My only complaint would be the distance between the top of the keyboard and the phone part right above it. I could see hitting it with my thumbs as I type. Either way, I would get this. Very nice.
  9. #29  
    Awesome. Give it the Pixi's keyboard instead of the BlackBerry-esque one in the mock-up and a bit more bezel (my inner obsessive-compulsive is horrified :P) and I'd buy it in a second.
    Oh, and I'd want it to be on Verizon... the mockup says Sprint.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I think I just made a mess in my pants, dude that is awesome... if only you worked for Palm and that turns out to be real I'll be in heaven.
    Hehehe. I wish I worked for Palm too. Seems like a really great company.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    Awesome. Give it the Pixi's keyboard instead of the BlackBerry-esque one in the mock-up and a bit more bezel (my inner obsessive-compulsive is horrified :P) and I'd buy it in a second.
    Oh, and I'd want it to be on Verizon... the mockup says Sprint.
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually haven't used a Pixi keyboard, though I have read that it is quite a bit more "clicky". That sounds great to me. Perhaps I will work up another mockup.

    I actually made the bezel as small as possible, because I personally hate them! People want a large screen in a small phone. The only way to achieve this is by making a thin bezel.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    this looks sweet. My only complaint would be the distance between the top of the keyboard and the phone part right above it. I could see hitting it with my thumbs as I type. Either way, I would get this. Very nice.
    Yes, I was also looking into that issue. From the side view, however, you can see that the bottom under the screen is very thin when slid open, and therefore may not interfere as much with the typing as it may on the current Pre. Thanks for the input! Perhaps it would be better to move the keyboard a little further down.
  13. #33  
    THIS IS IT!! Now just add a virtual landscape keyboard option to reach a broader audience...and it's what they want!!! I hate virtual keyboard but alot of ppl like it..so palm! Why not have both come with the phone on LAUNCH...i want to see what they got exactly..i wish I could email this to the hardware group
  14. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #34  
    nice real nice I want now lol
  15. #35  
    o and add this to the webos software..... YouTube - ubuntu compiz webos
  16. #36  
    How about a small d-pad below the screen?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Palm should give everyone choice.... make a keyboard version like the beast you just created and a slab with no keyboard so no one can complain also it needs to to be a dual release on sprint and at&t. sprint gets the 4g and at&t 3g models but palm doesnt have the cash to do this.
    Thats exactly what i wish Palm does, similar to what HTC did with their 'diamond' phone. Releasing a touch only and a 'Pro' with the addition of a Keyboard. Would be an epic win as i'm not really fussed over a physical keyboard tbh. And i'd rather have a slimmer iPhone style slab form factor with superior build quality and no flimsy slider mechanism.

    They should Possibly add a optical trackpad/ball for text navigation. Would also work well for games.
  18. #38  
    very nice mock up but i agree the treo happy face keyboards r the best try making one with that keyboard just to see the difference
  19. #39  
    sweet! I like it a lot! Lol personally I would rather have a new omap rather than a snapper, otherwise it's epic.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    And I hope it's a glass Oled display....
    Three reasons I disagree..

    AMOLED not OLED
    Not glass because I hate glass phones
    Not glass because Apple owns the patent for glass multi-touch sensor (probably why Palm went with a plastic multi-touch sensor)
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions