Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Palm Prime is the best one i have heard so far... really fits well after the Pre model, like its the Prime Time model after the Pre model which is basically beta test
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    first off all they need to do something to save the company.. How about we change the name Palm..
    the "Palm ***" cause when you use it you will be like "*** this phone is AMAZING!"
    Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    the "Palm ***" cause when you use it you will be like "*** this phone is AMAZING!"
    darn censor. It's the Palm W.T.F!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    Palm Prime is the best one i have heard so far... really fits well after the Pre model, like its the Prime Time model after the Pre model which is basically beta test
    What does "Prime" tell the prospective buyer about how the phone will benefit them?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    palm pilot. Everyone knows that that means. Cute names with no meaning (like Pre) are a waste..

iPhone = a phone with integrated internet. Brilliant name even I they hadn't already coined 'i'-everything.

bacck to the basics of merit-baed marketing. Name should tell peope what it wil do for them.

they also had the right idea with 'life drive' but the product itself sucked.

Palm Pilot is still known universally as the device to organize your life.

WebPilot might work, WebPhone, WebMan (like WalkMan), etc.
    I agree. Palm Pilot is still a highly recognized name. People would buy it just on name recognition alone. The name should be "Palm Pilot" and not "PalmPilot" like they used to be. I think that is an important difference. They could actuallly use the name on several different devices.

Just a few ideas:

Palm Pilot 4G - This would be what everyone wants to call the "Pre 2". Something similar to the Pre with 4G capability, 1+ ghz processor, slightly larger screen, better battery, better keyboard, more internal storage, SD card slot, and other improvements.

Palm Pilot Pro - This would be a device targeted toward business users, probably with a landscape keyboard. It would also probably come with certain productivity apps already installed.

Palm Pilot HD - This would be a large-screened slab device similar to the HTC Evo and would be targeted toward people that use their phone mainly for media consumption and gaming.

I don't think a new device should be called the "Pre 2". Other companies seem to be doing that and to me it just says the first one wasn't good enough so we had to make a new one.

One more idea....the "Palm Treo 4G" could be the next generation Pixi, obviously with 4G capability and other improvements.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 04/08/2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Handjob

feels good, man....
    If Apple has the Pad,then the new name could be Palm Period
    Are we then aiming for the mom's again ...? 8o)
    there was the pilot, pre, and pixi .... How about the palm p4, or does intel have that trademarked?
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Palm Power

Palm Preus (Like Toyota Prius)

Palm Cadence
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Handjob

feels good, man....
    LMFAO to that
    The Palm Sabertooth "We Thoroughly Devour The Competition!" Get the rights to use a few clips from 10000BC, make the commercials edgy, fast, appealing! The Droids marketing campaign was effective, new, edgy. Palm needs to do the same. WebOs is the best OS, so shout it from the rooftops, go after the competition & devour them!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Palm Katana
    Palm Prism
    Palm Aurora
    This is the device that will have Palm rising from the ashes...

The Palm Phoenix!

The Pixi, Pre, & Phoenix!
    The Pre 2 works for me, but for god sake please "man up" the thing a little. Enough with all the flowers and girlie ring tones.
    Motorola really gave the Droid a very tough, masculine vibe in it's marketing and turned it into the top smartphone on the market since the iPhone.
    Come on Palm, Man Up!
    (yeah, I know, I got a little off topic, get over it)
    The Saint
    What does "Prime" tell the prospective buyer about how the phone will benefit them?
    top of its game, simple enough...

then again, what phone does tell the buyer what to expect with just the name? Slim to none actually
    (\__/)
    Seriously, I think we get the point already! You want the name to tell people what the phone does...I get that, but I don't agree. I don't want a "Palm Elegant UI that Multitasks", I would rather have the Palm Prime. The marketing could have Deion Sanders aka Prime Time and the they could seriously play up the prime time name. ie: "Need to listen to music while getting directions from the GPS? It's prime time!" You get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by derek5L View Post
    LMFAO to that
    I must admit, that is what I named my pre, both bluetooth and on the home lan...

It just seemed like a good name for something that is branded as 'Palm'
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick077 View Post
    I don't want a "Palm Elegant UI that Multitasks".
    LMAO!!!!! laugh of the day
    (\__/)
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast